Please read condemnatory email sent to me and help me reply

by AndersonsInfo 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• flipper
    flipper

Barbara - I know how you feel. It is exhausting trying to figure ways to talk with these " mind controlled " witnesses. I'm sorry this young person was insulting to you and brought your dear grandchildren into this picture. Please be aware of all of our heartfelt affection for you and Joe here ; and the courageous stand you two have taken. You have done and continue to do the right thing in reaching out to help people get out of " cult mind control".

So many great responses from so many here ; they just echo any thoughts or suggestions I would have ; but if I had to pick one my take would be similar to Awakened at Gilead's. Great respectful comeback. Hang in there friends , you are greatly admired and deeply cared for on this board and elsewhere. Keep up the good work ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• yknot
    yknot

I too like Min's response....

I agree this is a child (teenager) and kid gloves should be used.

Encouragement of personal study of both the Scriptures but also foundational WTS publications such as the 1917 FM.

Perhaps ending with a link to this thread. A brief explanation about JWD.net and registration being available next year for dialogue with other current and ex JWs.

Your doing a great job Barb!

Much love, prayers and gratitude for all you do....... Yknot

• minimus
    minimus

What I saw when I read this thread was a young person gung-ho for whatever she was taught, We, who were born "in the Truth" all felt the same way. Almost nothing might change that feeling UNTIL the person's brain clicks. Personally, I read for YEARS before I confronted the truth about the "Truth". Nothing could sway me now but it took time. If someone is raised in this cult, you have to understand that unless you cut them some slack, they might never see the reality of the Organization.....It's a process for many.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    What happened to the truth you came to love and appreciate?

i learned it was a facade used to hide
    the machinations of men with less than
    spiritual goals and intentions

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

she is SCARED because she fears YOU are the one who has the TRUTH. She is struggling to make most of her words and sentence structure "Watchtower-speak"... she is frightened of her own doubts. I'm sorry you have to read this sort of thing everyday, but this one actually sounded like it had potential to me.

Barbara I am so sorry you have to read these emails but I agree with this poster. I really think she is scarred. I can so clearly remember being a teenager and having doubts but talking myself out of them and staying in. How I wish I had gotten out then. Now at 45 years of age I have to face it is not the truth. If she can do it now how much better for her. I really think she is looking for something.

I really really am so thankful for you and Jo. Please do not let this kind of email get you down just relize how much good you have done. You have helped so many please never forget that.

I really enjoyed talking to you the other day. You made my day that day. I for one am so thankful for you. Please keep up all that you do. vs77

• mouthy
    mouthy

she is SCARED because she fears YOU are the one who has the TRUTH. She is struggling to make most of her words and sentence structure "Watchtower-speak"... she is frightened of her own doubts. I'm sorry you have to read this sort of thing everyday, but this one actually sounded like it had potential to me.

Barbara I am so sorry you have to read these emails but I agree with this poster. I really think she is scarred. I can so clearly remember being a teenager and having doubts but talking myself out of them and staying in. How I wish I had gotten out then. Now at 45 years of age I have to face it is not the truth. If she can do it now how much better for her. I really think she is looking for something.

I really really am so thankful for you and Jo. Please do not let this kind of email get you down just relize how much good you have done. You have helped so many please never forget that.

I really enjoyed talking to you the other day. You made my day that day. I for one am so thankful for you. Please keep up all that you do. vs77
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VS77>I wish you would change your logo...VERY STUPID you Are NOT!!!!!!! ( Mouthy) I just put this at the end, so I could find it ((((HUG))))

Love you Barb & Joe, Your hero's in my veiw>Grace

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

How can they question you! Barbra WAS the faithful slave giving us food at the proper time...writing articles and preparing books...I was shocked when I read her experience...women writing magazine articles?????? It was very enlightening! Thanks.

• DJK
    DJK
    To think that this was once one of my dear sisters.

Reading this over and over, thinking how many ways it could be said.

The use of the word "Dear" indicates to me that this is someone you know. Why not "fellow" or similar?

Nevertheless, my response might be, "You should feel proud to stand up for what you believe in, many wouldn't bother to take the time to do it. Keep an open mind, an open heart and always stand up for what you believe in. Thanks."

Sounds rediculous and appeasing I know, but I wouldn't want a teenager coming back to fill my web page with junk like that. It just might make this teenager go away until they grow up to an age when their eye's can be opened.

To all of these great suggestions I would only add one thing. She closed with the "I hope Jehovah gives you what you deserve", line. We all know what this really means, she hopes Jehovah kills you. Throw that back at her - She has never even met you but she says you should be killed! Is that a Christian attude? As someone else said the Pharisees said Jesus should die because he was an apostate, and they were "Gods chosen" so she is just like the Pharisees.

I would ask her - what's it like, to sit on the judgement seat of Christ and dispinse final judgement over someone elses eternal destiny?

Barb - YOU ROCK and we love you

• steve2
    steve2

I am genuinely impressed with the thoughtfulness of the replies to Barbara's request, especially those who can see the young woman is responding from fear and needs to be understood, rather than "put in her place". I guess most of us on this board can really identify with her in terms of our past experiences, although we may not have chosen to express ourselves in the way she has.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit