Please read condemnatory email sent to me and help me reply

by AndersonsInfo 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like to thank people who mail me. Wish them well. I like to offer to change anything that I've written that's inaccurate. I don't see your writing as criticism. You just write facts and the Witnesses take it as criticism.

When I shoot an arrow into the thicket and somebody hollers, makes me think I might have hit something.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

IGNORE the callow Yoof. At that age they think they know everything. If it wasn't you, they could well be protesting in the streets thinking they can change the world. Witlesses are brought up to know NOTHING. Mormons say the same stuff to their quitters too.

Hopefully this stripling will wake up one day. Don't take it personally. More people love you for what you are doing than this KID can even imagine.

OXO

HB

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I'm not in agreement that ignoring these people for the following reasons.

Even when they make negative statements toward people's objectives such as what Barb has done, I think its still worthy to make 1 reply

True they may try and demean the actions , but perhaps there is a small sub-conscience switch that may

have been turned on by all of this, in essence making them think out the box and out of their regulated mold so to speak, which may make them pursue other queries.

Another thing too is when you reply it solidifies the position that was originally been put forward and gives it strength and purpose.

Therefore a short and direct reply may actually be a good idea.

If the person then continues on in negative reply then it might be just as good just to halt the correspondence and let the point rest and sink in.

Sometimes you can make people learn new things in the most inobvious ways

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

You can get your email setings so that emails with words and phrases used by Witlesses are blocked.

Such as Apostate, Loving Organization, The Truth, Jehovah etc

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I say the writer is either female or a gay man.

The use of exclamation marks is definitely not that of a butch football loving Grunt. Certain adverbs and qualifiers are also very feminine, as is the implied italicised intonation and the sentence structure.

The writer is more emotional, and uses expressions that a more factual heterosexual male would eschew.

God help him when his trouser mouse starts to drag him around town. As a woman, she will have a hard time in the Borg.

And yes Barbara - God will indeed reward you, which is more than any witless in the last 140 years of false predictions can say.

HB

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hamsterbait, you are a hoot!

Sylvia

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I've no real advice to add to what others have said, Barb. But well done to you for putting up with the harrassing and unpleasant emails you recieve!

I'm part way thru reading your latest info on the recently revealed documents and it makes for very interesting though upsetting reading. I'm hoping it will touch my "in" mother who is under the niave notion that they don't and won't reappoint offenders/predators.

When the program you were on was aired over here, a doorstep study of my husband's told us not to call back. At the time we were upset, but now I am glad. It seems like something you or one of the others said helped her stay away from the dubs so feel good about that. One less victim!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Barb, if you get these kinds of negative emails often, perhaps you could make up a kind of "form" letter that you use to respond to them? You could incorporate many of the ideas on this thread. Also, you could include the fact that, when you went to Bethel, you were thrilled and thought you'd be there for life and about how devastated you were to discover the WTS was not what it claimed to be. That you didn't turn on your religion, it turned on you when you exposed its dangerous and illegal practices; if you had known about all of the things the WTS hides, you would never have gone to Bethel; and that you feel a need to try to protect others from suffering at the hands of the WTS as you did.

You could make up a letter, save it on your computer, and just send it out with perhaps a little tweaking when you get a negative email.

My 2 cents,

Serena

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I am making the assumption that you want to encourage her curiosity about life as an apostate, otherwise you could just use ninja's reply.

You might start by establishing what you share in common - a desire for truth, accuracy and honesty (concepts that are not necessarily synonomous). You both consider yourselves to be doing a "warning work." The difference is that you were privy to the inner workings of the organization and were witness to the dishonesty and lack of love.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Why don't you just tell this person that you found out you have a life and it's your life not a corp, and to mind their own bussiness. then after you send them your mail saying this take a stiff shot of Whiskey and just make up your mind live your life and worship your god and remember really don't need the WTBTS to have your prayers answered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit