Well, Well, seems the global economy is falling apart more & more

by unbaptized 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Shamus:

I understand one thing about the bible, BA. That is that nobody knows when this second coming is. Anyone who predicts it is prophesying - and I do hope it isn't wrong.

Shamus, the Great Tribulation is NOT the second coming. The second coming or "Armageddon" does not happen until the end of the Great Tribulation.

And we have been given signs to know when the Great Tribulation is to occur. All of those signs have happened and everything is in place. The Great Trib is upon us and will worsen as time goes by. We do not know how long it will last, but we know it will end with Armageddon.

When Jesus gave information to his disciples when they asked about the last days, he told about conditions that would be present in the world and its civilazations at that future time. Although these events have always happened, he said all of these things would be present in very strong force within that last generation.

Jesus also admonished his disciples saying...you can look at the clouds and tell when its going to rain, so why can't you understand when you see all of this take place right in front of you? Those words were actually meant for the scoffers like you, that would be present in this generation and be denying the obvious as the titanic is sinking.

• sacolton
    sacolton

When did the star "Wormwood" come?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Are you responding to me?

BTS

No, a generalized comment toward some very silly end-of-the-world hysterics from a couple of bears of very little brain. Christianity has had such types for 2,000 years and there's been at least that many failed prophecies.

One could make a better claim for the end of the world in say, 1942 rather than 2008. Or, for that matter, the 14th century met many of the qualifications of the Time Of The End just as well as the 20th or the 21st. I'm sorry but the constant breathless "this is it" is just silly.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    When did the star "Wormwood" come?

Don't tell me you are looking for a literal star to fall on the waters! The book of Revelation is FIGURATIVE. Keep that in mind and you will not make the mistakes of JWs (144,00 is literal), etc. Having said that, look up the usage of the word "waters" and "wormwood" as used throughout the Bible. Also keep in mind that the "star" is illuminated, burning like a lamp. What does that make you think of in regards to a key figure in Revelation that would fit the bill here? BA- Pray on it, asking for Holy Spirit. Study the above after doing so.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What does that make you think of in regards to a key figure in Revelation that would fit the bill here?

I have no idea myself. I just try to live well, and leave the rest to God. Who would it be according to your interpretation?

BTS

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I find it interesting, the behavior of many on this and other threads.

- If you think someone is a troll, why do you always respond to their thread?

- If someone comes on this forum looking for help, many here continue to quickly get upset with them if they don't see things "their" way, labelling them a "troll".

- This is a DISCUSSION forum, many here have left the JWs but not their judgmental "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude.

- This thread is a great example of how small-minded many on this forum are. You have closed your minds to the possibilty that this IS the Great Tribulation. As I alluded to earlier in another post on this thread, I don't buy for one minute that many of those who say they are unbelievers really are such. It isn't that hard to read between the lines, you just don't WANT this to be the tribulation Christ spoke of. Yet, it will occur, and this may very well be it.

The entire global economy is threatened, not just the USA. It is projected that it will take $20 TRILLION just to keep the "Greater Depression" at bay. That will not keep it from happening, mind you, it will simply delay it by a brief period. But at what cost?

Monumental changes are coming.

BA- Prepare.

PS- "But the things which God had made clear before, by the mouth of all the prophets, that the Christ would have to undergo, he has put into effect in this way. So then, let your hearts be changed and be turned to God, so that your sins may be completely taken away, and times of blessing may come from the Lord; And that he may send the Christ who was marked out for you from the first, even Jesus: Who is to be kept in heaven till the time when all things are put right, of which God has given word by the mouth of his holy prophets, who have been from the earliest times." - Acts 3:18-21

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    I have no idea myself. I just try to live well, and leave the rest to God. Who would it be according to your interpretation?

2 Corinthians 11:12-15: "But what I am doing, I will continue to do, that I may cut off opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their deeds."

Exodus 7:20-23, "So Moses and Aaron did even as the Lord had commanded. And he lifted up the staff and struck the water that was in the Nile, in the sight of Pharaoh and in the sight of his servants, and all the water that was in the Nile was turned to blood. And the fish that were in the Nile died, and the Nile became foul, so that the Egyptians could not drink water from the Nile. And the blood was through all the land of Egypt. But the magicians of Egypt did the same with their secret arts; and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he did not listen to them, as the Lord had said. Then Pharaoh turned and went into his house with no concern even for this."

2 Timothy 4:3-4: "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths."

Deuteronomy 13:1-3: "If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God is testing you to find out if you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul."

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12: "And for this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they might believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness."

Luke 10:18- "He said to them, "I watched Satan falling from heaven like lightning."

BA- Satan, Lucifer (Light-Giver), the great deciever.

PS- The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" Let everyone who hears this say, "Come!" Let everyone who is thirsty come! Let anyone who wants the water of life take it as a gift! - Revelation 22:17

PPS- Who is the true "Water of Life?" And who is the imitation, the bitter imitation, like wormwood?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The reason unbaptized and others like him are considered an annoying troll is because for example he posted this thread topic twice

and both times he wouldn't ask questions or create an discussion in other words he just lets the thread bleed .

The simplistic question is how and why he made a direct connection with bible scripture and a economic recession.

Someone has soaked his brain into JW doctrinal dogma and we're trying shake some commonsense into him and trying to show the fruitful stupidity of this ideology.

Its good to slap people on the head sometimes to wake them up and get them to use their inherited intelligence for their own benefit.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

So BA , your a spiritual being of unknown powers that has arrived on earth to shed light of things to come as a true prophet of God ?

Gee where have you been all this time ?

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    The reason unbaptized and others like him are considered an annoying troll is because for example he posted this thread topic twice and both times he wouldn't ask questions or create an discussion in other words he just lets the thread bleed .

Oh, come on! To name but two similar examples, look at badboy's and asilentone's threads. Do they participate in their threads anymore than unbaptized? Are they trolls then, under your above criteria?

The simplistic question is how and why he made a direct connection with bible scripture and a economic recession. Someone has soaked his brain into JW doctrinal dogma and we're trying shake some commonsense into him and trying to show the fruitful stupidity of this ideology.

If you would actually do some research, you would undestand that what is occurring in the Global economy is unprecedented. Pouring money at the problem only delays the consequences whilst destroying any real prospects of a recovery downstream. Any Christian, understanding what is occuring, will make an immediate connection between these events and Biblical prophecy. Just because JWs are false prophets does not make the Bible's prophecies inaccurate, no mater how much you and others may wish them to be.

Its good to slap people on the head sometimes to wake them up and get them to use their inherited intelligence for their own benefit.

Everytime you point a finger at someone, there's three pointing back at you. Quid pro quo.

BA- No one forces anyone on this forum to post on a thread. If you don't like what's on, you can always change the channel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit