Well, Well, seems the global economy is falling apart more & more

by unbaptized 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    Isn't it odd that both money and religion has denominations in common? Could it be that those who serve these entities are serving the same master?

Oh Cameo thats good I'm going to have write that one down

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    Could it be that those who serve these entities are serving the same master?

All who serve or worship anything other than God serve the same master.

"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." - Luke 16:13

Whether the object of worship is money, lust/immorailty, power, glory, academia, or anything else, it all boils down to taking worship from God and giving it to the ruler of this world.

People have always wanted earthly governments to govern them, yet this is not what God has wanted, as it turns out to be a curse rather than a blessing. When Samuel appointed his sons to be judges over Israel, they "did not walk in his ways; they turned aside after dishonest gain, took bribes, and perverted justice" (1 Samuel 8:3). Sound familiar?

When Israel then asked for a king, God told Samuel this meant they had rejected Him. History bears out that earthly governments are prone to serve Mammon, not God. Now, what is Babylon the Great? The seven headed, ten horned beast of Revelation (earthly governments) has this prostitute on it’s back. What is this prostitute, this adulteress, who casts a "magic spell" over kings, governments, and people at large? Once again, it all comes back to Mammon, greed, lust for wealth/power.

There exists in this world a wealthy, powerful minority, the "elite" of the world. Fiat money is the "magic spell" she casts, as they have created a fiat currency, (through the Federal Reserve which they own) out of thin air. Yet people clamour over the monopoly money they create out of thin air, giving their lives for it, serving and worshipping it and the things it can buy instead of God. The "earthquake felt around the world" occurring in the world markets are a direct result of their policies, and a fulfillment of the prophecies. They attend Bilderberg, CFR, Trilateral Commission, etc, where they determine what the governments they rule over will do- what their policies will be, where the next war will be, etc. They don’t care who they hurt, kill or destroy, they look at humanity as chattel, as slaves to do their bidding. Politicians, Kings, Dictators all bow to the power of wealth- they will do what they are told by the elite, either directly, or indirectly via lobbyists and bribes. Prophets and saints have been martyred because they are an irritation to her, a constant reminder that her power will not last, they (as well as true Christians) do not drink of the cup of her adulteries (the delusion that we don’t need God). They (she) have prostituted themselves, they ride the back of earthly governments, they are the real power behind the throne. They fulfill every description of Babylon the Great found in Revelation chapters 14-18:

Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!
    She has become a home for demons
    and a haunt for every evil spirit,
    a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.

For all the nations have drunk
    the maddening wine of her adulteries.
    The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
    and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries
    ."

All your riches and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.' The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn and cry out:
    " 'Woe! Woe, O great city,
    dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
    and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!

" 'Woe! Woe, O great city,
    where all who had ships on the sea
    became rich through her wealth!"

"your merchants were the world’s great men"

"By yourmagic spell all the nations were led astray"

"In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints,
    and of all who have been killed on the earth."

"The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more- Cargoes of…wine and olive oil…and bodies and souls of men."

When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury

The woman you saw is the great city thatrules over the kings of the earth."

A second angel followed and said, "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries."

Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since man has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath. Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found. From the sky huge hailstones of about a hundred pounds each fell upon men. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible.

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries."

There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. This title was written on her forehead:
    MYSTERY
    BABYLON THE GREAT
    THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
    AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus

Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to give the beast their power to rule, until God's words are fulfilled. The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth."

As Christ taught, it all goes back to keeping our eyes open:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. – Matthew 6:19-24

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.- Luke 11:9-10

BA- While it is true that no one knows the day nor the hour, signs leading up to the end have been given, and just as a night watchman keeps alert, paying attention to what is going on, so should Christians be watchful and inquisitive of world events that parallel these signs leading up to Christ’s return. I have little doubt that what we are seeing is fulfillment of prophecy.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    B.A.

All who serve or worship anything other than God serve the same master.

BA...take a good look at this god you are "serving".

Why would a master creator need the praise of some inferior creation? Lack of self esteem? Insecurity? Vanity?

Satan is the god of this world. And I am afraid you have confused your creator with this imposter. Religions are satan's domain.

A true benevolent creator would want people to enjoy his creation and learn about it's marvelous details....your god prefers you to sit in a dull meeting 4 days a week and not pursue higher education to study botany or biology or anything that reveals the glory of creation.

I also see in your diatribe of scripture where you are using god and Jesus as interchangeable entities. Jesus never acknowledged the old testament god as his father. Not once did he use the name yahweh or jehovah.

You think prophecy is being fulfilled..in a way, I guess so. But many of these "prophetic" scriptures were actually written as a battle plan. It has been master minded by a superior intellect from long ago. As the battle plans fall into place, the grip of religion becomes tighter because people see it as gods prophecy becoming truth. This god is Satan incarnate.

Wheat and chaff can also be found in scriptures. Truth and lies are side by side and intertwined.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    A true benevolent creator would want people to enjoy his creation and learn about it's marvelous details....your god prefers you to sit in a dull meeting 4 days a week and not pursue higher education to study botany or biology or anything that reveals the glory of creation.

I sit at NO dull meetings. I DO enjoy His creation and learn about it's marvelous details. Please cease and desist from imbuing your thoughts upon me. I am very well versed in biology, botany and many, many other subjects.

I also see in your diatribe of scripture where you are using god and Jesus as interchangeable entities. Jesus never acknowledged the old testament god as his father. Not once did he use the name yahweh or jehovah.

Not so, again you are reading in thoughts I have NEVER stated in my life. I am a unitarian, an Arian, so you again are wrong regarding my view of Christ as the son of God, Yahweh. Jesus preached to the Jews, and they understood very clearly who he claimed to be. To state otherwise is ignorant and preposterous. You have proven more than once on this forum that you do not understand this. Perhaps this will help:

Probably the most famous N.T. scripture is John 3:16. Here, Jesus refers to Himself as the Son of God:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

The Greek word translated "one and only" is "monogenes". It means "only born", or "sole". Vine's Expository Dictionary of N.T. Words adds that "the term is one of endearment as well as singleness."

Strong's concordance says that it is a combination of the word "monos" meaning "only", and "ginomai" meaning to "to cause to be, generate, become, or come into being".

This word is also used in referring to a boy in Luke 7:12- "As he (Jesus) approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out - the only son of his mother, and she was a widow."

The Greek word 'monogenes' is used here and translated as 'only'.

It is used likewise in Luke 9:38- "A man in the crowd called out, "Teacher, I beg you to look at my son, for he is my only child."

"Monogenes" is applied to Jesus in:

John 1:14- "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the "One and Only", who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Take a minute to understand what John is saying. Look at the glory and majesty John attributes to Jesus. Adam never had that praise, David was praised, but never at that level. Only Jesus received that recognition. Vine's further elaborates that the passage in the Greek here illustrates that the glory attributed to Jesus was a glory found only in a unique relationship with God.

John 1:18- "No one has ever seen God, but God, the "One and Only", who is at the Father's side has made him known."

Here, Jesus as the unique Son of God is revealed to be at the Father's side. No other person who is called "son of God" has ever been revealed to be at the Father's side.

John 3:18, and 1 John 4:9 are other verses where "monogenes" is used in reference to Jesus.

The N.T. scriptures show that when Jesus is referred to as the only "Son" of God it means Jesus is the unique "Son" of God. With respect to being a "Son of God", "monogenes" is only used for Jesus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Hebrews chapter 1 elaborates on who Jesus really is. The whole chapter shows clearly the Divinity of Christ. Of note is vs. 3:

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

3) When Jesus was brought before Pilate the Jews said, "We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God." [John 19:7]

If Jesus were only speaking metaphorically the Jews would not have brought him to trial on such a charge as blasphemy. [Death was the penalty for blasphemy - ref. Lev. 24:16]. The Jews knew and understood Psalms 82:6, and they had no problem with a metaphorical statement. The Jews objected to Jesus claiming to be the unique, the eternal, "Son" of God.

4) Jesus again calls Himself the Son of God and elaborates on His unique Sonship in Matt 11:27-

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

And in John 5:22 Christ again calls Himself the Son of God, and elaborates:

"Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him."

5) Jesus' parable of the tenants in Matt 21:33-43 ends with the landowner sending his son to collect a vineyard's fruit. The workers had attacked and even killed some of the landowner's servants. When the son came they killed him also. The interpretation of the parable is that God has sent prophets to the people of Israel to call them to produce the fruits of righteousness, but they rejected and mistreated them. Last of all God sent Christ and the Jews killed him also. This also predicts Christ's future crucifixion.

Note that in this parable, Jesus distinguishes himself as the "Son" in contrast with the prophets who had come as servants.

There are other N.T. scriptures supporting Jesus as the unique Son of God: these sample texts from the Bible are sufficient to prove that Jesus was the unique Son of God.

You think prophecy is being fulfilled..in a way, I guess so. But many of these "prophetic" scriptures were actually written as a battle plan. It has been master minded by a superior intellect from long ago. As the battle plans fall into place, the grip of religion becomes tighter because people see it as gods prophecy becoming truth.

It is prophecy. It is a "battle plan" as well, as are many prophecies. Yes, it has been masterminded by superior intellect(s) from long ago. Satan (not aliens, as you believe, although in a way spirits are an aliaen lifeform, just not as you believe) wants the worship that rightfully belongs to God. Everything will go according to prophecy, as well as the end, that is God, acting through His Son, will triumph. Then all will worship their creator, not the pretender to the throne, Satan.

BA

PS-

But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he "has put everything under his feet." [c] Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

29 Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them? 30 And as for us, why do we endanger ourselves every hour? 31 I die every day—I mean that, brothers—just as surely as I glory over you in Christ Jesus our Lord. 32 If I fought wild beasts in Ephesus for merely human reasons, what have I gained? If the dead are not raised,
    "Let us eat and drink,
    for tomorrow we die." [d] 33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame. - 1 Corinthians 15:20-34

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Satan (not aliens, as you believe, although in a way spirits are an aliaen lifeform, just not as you believe)

Satan is an alien.

Angels are aliens.

Do you think aliens are little green men, or grey things with big eyes? Those are fairy tales.

Angels are a different lifeform.

What do you suppose they require to maintain an existence in this realm?

The life is in the blood.

Why did these OT gods require so many blood sacrifices (yahweh jehovah included)?

What is the significance of the pomegranates on the hem of the high priest robe? What is the significance of the pomegranate drinking vessels found in the Megiddo area archeological Temple digs?

Please cease and desist from imbuing your thoughts upon me. I am very well versed in biology, botany and many, many other subjects.

I did not mean you personally. I meant this attitude ( of constant service and attendance) prevails in many religions. Many religions, not just JWs! They keep their subjects busy with church work and fund raising demands. It takes away from having a full life of exploration and personal fulfillment.

I am here to learn and explore these topics. I would not turn a subject debate into a personal attack. Especially on you. You are a very likeable fellow; I have read many of your posts and find that we are in agreement on many occassions. Sorry my expressions were not more clear.

Jesus preached to the Jews, and they understood very clearly who he claimed to be.

You are implying that Jesus claimed to be the son of god. That is a myth. He did not make such a claim. Others may have made that claim, but he never did. Jesus said he was the Son of Man.

How can Jesus be the one and only son of god and be in agreement with the Old Testament teachings which speak of many sons of god?

If Jesus claimed to be the son of god, why did he not speak of all his Old Testament 'brothers'?

• shamus100
    shamus100
    Satan is an alien.

Angels are aliens.

O H M Y G O D

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Satan is an alien.

Angels are aliens.

O H M Y G O D

oh, come on, Shamu....that should be no surprise to you!

They are created life forms, too. They are jealous because we are newer models!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Well, cameo,

I appreciate your candor. Let's just say I'll agree to disagree that satan is an alien tonight.

Good lord, I have officially heard everything.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Jesus preached to the Jews, and they understood very clearly who he claimed to be.

You are implying that Jesus claimed to be the son of god. That is a myth. He did not make such a claim. Others may have made that claim, but he never did. Jesus said he was the Son of Man.

How can Jesus be the one and only son of god and be in agreement with the Old Testament teachings which speak of many sons of god?

If Jesus claimed to be the son of god, why did he not speak of all his Old Testament 'brothers'?

Still looking for this answer if anyone has it, please.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

For the record, here are the answers to your questions, cameo-d:

Jesus preached to the Jews, and they understood very clearly who he claimed to be.- BA
    You are implying that Jesus claimed to be the son of god. That is a myth. He did not make such a claim. Others may have made that claim, but he never did. Jesus said he was the Son of Man. - cameo-d

No myth. He made clear He was the son of God, and that His followers and adversaries both recognized that:

Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied.- Matthew 26:62-64

They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You are right in saying I am." -Luke 22:70

Here, Jesus directly identifies Himself as the son of God. Furthermore, those questioning Him understood that the since He is the Christ, the Messiah, He would be the Son of God.

"How do you know me?" Nathanael asked. Jesus answered, "I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you." Then Nathanael declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel." Jesus said, "You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You shall see greater things than that."- John 1:48-50

Note Jesus' reply to His Apostle, Nathanael- he affirmed that He is the Son of God by not correcting or denying it.

He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, 'I am the Son of God.' "- Matthew 27:43

Here those who heard Him speak state that He said; "I am the Son of God", while right in front of Him. Did Jesus correct them, denying this? No.

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself.- John 5:24-26

Who do you think Jesus was referring to here? Obviously Himself, the Son of God.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" "Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world." - John 11:25-27

Once again, no correction, no denying it. Also, equation of the Christ with the Son of God is obvious again.

The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God. - Mark 1:1

Mark clearly understood who Jesus said He was, and reported this.

Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."- Mark 3:11

Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ. - Luke 4:41

Even the evil spirits understood who Jesus is.

The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. - Luke 1:35

The angel who appeared to Mary made clear that Jesus is the Son of God.

Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, 'The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.' I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God."- John 1:32-34

Here John the Baptist, who prepared the way for Jesus Christ, who was announced by the same angel as Jesus was, made clear that he knew that Jesus is the Son of God.

Okay, so that puts that error to rest. It is clear that Jesus Christ is the son of God, by His own admission, and lack of correcting those who said so.

He is not the only one referred to as a son of God. He is the only one referred to as the firstborn son of God, the only-begotten (

µ????e??? (monogen es 3439) ) son of God.

µ????e??? (monogen

es 3439)

1. only

the only begotten, that is to say only child.

Reference(s)

Luk 7:12, Luk 8:42, Luk 9:38, Joh 1:14, Joh 1:18, Joh 3:16, Joh 3:18, Heb 11:17, 1Jo 4:9

2. begotten (only)

only begotten; used to denote the relation of Christ to the Father.

Reference(s)

Joh 1:14, Joh 1:18, Joh 3:16, Joh 3:18, Heb 11:17, 1Jo 4:9

3. child (only)

only born, only-begotten, that is to say only child (involving the idea of preciousness and attachment).

Reference(s)

Genesis 6:2 and 6:4 are the only places in the old testament where the phrase translated "sons of god" occur. These "sons of god" refer to the disobedient angels who materialized and had relations with women who bore the Nephilim.

the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. - Genesis 6:2

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. - Genesis 6:4

They were "sons of god" as understood by those on the earth at that time; they were mightier than ordinary men, hence, "sons of god". They were also angels, chosen by God as His "sons".

There are many other places in the New Testament where the term "sons {children;

???? (huios 5207) } of God" is used, for example:

# Matthew 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

# Romans 8:14

because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

# Romans 8:19

The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

# Galatians 3:26

[ Sons of God ] You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,

These again are God's chosen children, His adopted children, in other words.

So, the record is clear. You have been shown your errors.

You now can cease and desist from claiming otherwise forevermore.

Incidentally, this IS a thread about the Global economy falling apart, not sure what this has to do with that.

So, I officially declare "un-hijack".

BA- Answering questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit