Well, Well, seems the global economy is falling apart more & more

by unbaptized 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus100
    shamus100

I cannot imagine anyone gobbling this nonsense up after being a dub - then having the balls to come onto a forum and preach doom and gloom nonsense. It's these kind of religious people that bring on intolerance. We all know that there's only a few anyways - two to be exact. Hopefully everyone will keep that in mind.

Talk about haughty.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I wanna join in!

The economic problems stem from many factors including the powerful people of this world being greedy and opportunistic .Self indulgent politicians like Bush working hand in hand with them stuffed up, and have to pay for his war in oil bearing countries which suits the oil barons .Well someones gotta pay for that army and it's the people who will.

In the end the common people pay for the rich by paying too much for ordinary things and losing their houses which the rich pick up when economies falter ,and they wink at the politicians for working for them at a distance .

Same things have been forever mankinds problem since the industrial revolution ,and the politicians and rich use fear thru the media to frighten the masses to accept the downturn as if it was something that the people did to themselves (and only our benevolent politicians can get us out of).........SOUNDS ALOT LIKE WHAT RELIGION DOES WHEN THERE IS A DOWN TURN DOES'NT IT?

I'm sure that it seems like the end to some in America but it also seems to us that live outside of America that the people there think everything emanates from that country . Well alot does but look at a map of the world and see there is physically alot of other countries on this planet and they will move ahead even though affected to a degree by Americas woes.

Like I said ,somebody has to pay for the wars America gets into and their other excesses, and people in other countries don't want to pay for it.

America sees itself as benevolent but it ain't ,fuel prices which effect everything are a direct result of their greed BUT THE FACT IS THE RICH LIVING THERE WILL BE UNHARMED BY THIS DOWNTURN as they always are and some may even profit more from it .

So when things pick up again where will the prophets be, especially the one who started this topic?

• sacolton
    sacolton

They insert foot into mouth until the next crisis.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    BA: What is your take on the "Mark of the Beast" (666)?

Rather than give you "my" take, let the Scriptures, and the Holy Spirit, reveal it:

Start with 1 Kings 10:14-29. http://nasb.scripturetext.com/1_kings/10.htm

Take your time, read slowly, meditate on this.

Compare to Deuteronomy 17:14-20 http://nasb.scripturetext.com/deuteronomy/17.htm

How well did Solomon measure up to those requirements? Instead, what was he noted for?

Read 1 Kings 10:14-15 again:

The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents, not including the revenues from merchants and traders and from all the Arabian kings and the governors of the land.

Now, think about it. Pray on it.

What else does the Bible state regarding this and related subjects:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. – Matthew 6:19-24

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.- Luke 11:9-10

Geneva Study Bible:

{3} And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make {b} merchandise of you: {4} whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

(3) Covetousness for the most part is a companion of heresy, and makes trade in souls.

(b) They will abuse you, and sell you as they sell cattle in an auction.

(4) Comfort for the godly: God who cast the angels that fell away from him, headlong into the darkness of hell, to eventually be judged; and who burned Sodom, and saved Lot, will deliver his elect from these errors, and will utterly destroy those unrighteous.

Anyone who loves money never has enough.

Anyone who loves wealth is never satisfied with what he gets.

That doesn't have any meaning either.

As more and more goods are made,

more and more people use them up.

So how can those goods benefit their owner?

All he can do is look at them with longing.

The sleep of a worker is sweet.

It doesn't matter whether he eats a little or a lot.

But the wealth of a rich man

keeps him awake at night.

-Ecclesiastes 5:10-12 (New International Reader's Version)

(

A )But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and ( B )a snare and many foolish and `harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For ( C )the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have ( D )wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. -1 Timothy 6:9-10 (New American Standard Bible)

The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. –Matthew 13:22

Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. – Mark 4:18-19

wor·ship /'w?r??p/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[wur-ship] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -shiped, -ship·ing or (especially British) -shipped, -ship·ping.

–noun

1. reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.

2. formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.

3. adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.

4. the object of adoring reverence or regard.

5. (initial capital letter) British. a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually prec. by Your, His, or Her).

–verb (used with object)

6. to render religious reverence and homage to.

7. to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).

–verb (used without object)

8. to render religious reverence and homage, as to a deity.

9. to attend services of divine worship.

10. to feel an adoring reverence or regard.

John 16:13 "However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide YOU into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to YOU the things coming."

Daniel 12:4, 10 "And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant... Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand."

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

Galatians 1:8, 9 "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed."

From heaven God shows how angry he is with all the wicked and evil things that sinful people do to crush the truth. They know everything that can be known about God, because God has shown it all to them. God's eternal power and character cannot be seen. But from the beginning of creation, God has shown what these are like by all he has made. That's why those people don't have any excuse. Their thoughts are useless, and their stupid minds are in the dark. They claim to be wise, but they are fools. They don't worship the glorious and eternal God. Instead, they worship idols that are made to look like humans who cannot live forever, and like birds, animals, and reptiles. --Romans 1:18-23, Contemporary English Version of the Bible

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. –Romans 1:17-25

You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 1 Corinthians 7:23

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. - 1 Corinthians 6:20

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.- Acts 20:28

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. - 2 Peter 2:1

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." -2 Peter 3:3-4

BA- Meditate on it, after praying in faith for God's Holy Spirit to reveal it to you.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Sacalton is right ......when I started reading this topic it felt eerily like all those JW meetings where ,after something bad happening in the world , the brothers would twitter on about how close the end is now .Today I can't help but think of people back in Russels time aeons ago saying the same things in discussion and they are all dead now .

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

BA .....why talk about Solomon he died an apostate to your belief in the bible ....strange is'nt it ,you believe in a book that contains the writings of an apostate ?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    So when things pick up again where will the prophets be, especially the one who started this topic?

Good point Woza, and it brings the exact reason why BA and his colleagues are on the band wagon to take this opportunity to bring support for their weak and uninstantiated

beliefs which are nonsensical and tritely opportunistic.

It may be very well that this supposed economic crisis has developed from apathetic foresight based off greed and mismanagement.

BA your great on catching my typos and I thank you for your corrections but you still haven't quoted a specific scripture from the bible to bring credence

or viability to your suggestion that the bible has accurate truth relating to the time that we're living .

Its a question of viability of what the bible says , not of what I say or what you say .

If through a scientific examination of the bible and the words that were written within can proof positive that yes it does speak the truth , dam tell me what church you attend

and be there front row with a bible in my hand......seriously !

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    BA .....why talk about Solomon he died an apostate to your belief in the bible ....strange is'nt it ,you believe in a book that contains the writings of an apostate ?

Not strange at all. Very telling that you missed the point. Most will. BA- ""Do not interpretations belong to God?"- Gen 40:8; "but there is a God in the heavens, a revealer of secrets" -Daniel 2:28

• shamus100
    shamus100

It doesn't take any effort at all to cut and paste. Anyone can do that. But hey, I guess if that's how intelligence is determined, I'm the stupidest person here.

• sacolton
    sacolton

So, your point is that those who have the "mark of the beast" are those who happen to be enjoying the fruits of their labor? I can never hope to be as rich as Solomon and don't desire great wealth. I don't work to be rich, but to maintain a living that is satisfactory and supports the needs of my household. Is that wrong? If the 666 is having money, well ... the whole world is going to hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit