Russell Not a Mason!

by johnnyc 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

By the way I don't think the pyramid built and placed by his grave stone has to do with the Freemasons but rather from his teachings

or a messenger of biblical knowledge, which came out of course from his own teachings.

The students or followers of him erected the monument to pay homage to him out of respect.

Thats my take , from the information that I've gathered he was not a full blown Mason.

From what I've read about him he was more of an commercializer of other people's ideas, ones which he may have believed himself somewhat to a degree.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Denial, denial, denial.

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Charles TazeRussell said he wanted "to prove the FreeMasonry of the Bible." Why would that be so important to him? I was in the JWs since 1960 and remember that saying being repeated by many old timers and higher ups including a Bethel Elder.

Charles Russell both said that he was a FreeMason and that he was not one. He did not recant before he died. That means HE WAS A LIAR. He contradicted himself at different times, THAT MAKES HIM A LIAR whether he was a Mason or not!

Liars and those who love and carry on a lie are to go to the Lake of Fire as spoken about in Revelation. Whatever the Lake of Fire is, it's not good to be disposed of there.

Regards,

Paul

• ninja
    ninja

stuff being a freemason.....I'm an expensive mason

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

If you have more to offer Gerrad please post some information

Denial, denial, denial.

Or do believe this is all but a conspiracy to hide the facts....let us know ?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Here is some information off another web site regarding Russell and the Freemasons

http://www.pastor-russell.com/life/mason2.html

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Fuzzypaul can you pull something off the web that supports Russell confirming himself that he was a Freemason

and lets not get psychotically ruffled on this

• abbagail
    abbagail

Homer said:

"How much was he involved with this organization is still unclear, although there was a document that was on the net somewhere stating that he was listed as a 33' degree member."

I'm wondering if that was the "Occult Theocracy" book by Lady Queenborough (Edith Starr Miller), written in the very early 1900's?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=occult+theocracy+by+lady+queenborough&aq=1&oq=%22Occult+Theocracy%22

I'm too tired to download it to find out. I've read it before, several years ago, but don't remember for sure. I do remember she discusses either the WT or prior WT presidents, etc.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Re: the crown and cross symbol, I thought it came from the Rusicrucians, but I've got my secret societies mixed up. ;-/

I saw the prior post that the Masonry Compass symbol was a sex symbol, but did anyone post that the Cross and Crown Masonic symbol is as well?

[...]
    SEX IN THE CROSS AND THE CROWN
    http://www.cuttingedge.org/free16.htm
    [...]
    In the Masonic Report, we make this discovery: Question: What does Masonry's emblem of the 'Cross and Crown' actually symbolize?" Answer: "The 'Cross' of Freemasonry is a philosophical cross, according to Albert Pike, 'Morals and Dogma', p. 771. It is philosophical in the sense that it represents the generating fecundating principle by the perpendicular shaft [Phallus], and the matrix of womb of nature, the female producing principle[Female Vulva], by the horizontal shaft. The philosophy of the Masonic cross is totally phallic. The 'Crown' of this Masonic emblem is also phallic, it being the first emanation of the Cabalistic Sephiroth ..." [C.F. McQuaig, The Masonic Report , Norcross, Georgia, Answer Books and Tapes, 1976, p. 34]

Look what they have done to the precious Cross of Jesus Christ! How dare they take it and turn it into a phallic symbol. Furthermore, how dare they take the precious Crown of Jesus Christ and turn it into a phallic symbol? Actually, the Cross was made to be representative of the entire Sex Act -- heterosexual intercourse -- by pretending the perpendicular staff to be the phallus and the horizontal bar be the female sex organ!

One side issue that this quote settles is that this official Masonic publication, printed in contemporary times, 1976, quotes Albert Pike as an authority. We have had many emails from Masons claiming that Albert Pike had been discredited by contemporary Masonry, and even some email suggesting that a "rogue" Albert Pike wrote Morals and Dogma and Magnum Opus . We can now see that this is simply a lie designed to try to confuse.

Surely, you can now see that Freemasonry is most definitely NOT Christian. Secondly, you can see that Masonry is truly "identical to the Mysteries". In fact, one Masonic author had the boldness to state that Freemasonry was, indeed, a Mystery Religion. Listen: "In fact, the respect paid by Freemasons to this number [#3] goes far to suggest that our mysteries have affinities not only with the Egyptian rites and ceremonies, but with those of a good many other nations." [John T. Lawrence, The Perfect Ashlar, London, England, 1912, p. 196]
    [...]

• abbagail
    abbagail

Someone mentioned Russell's father was a high level Mason. What was his name?

The 1957 book, "10,000 FAMOUS FREEMASONS" does not include Charles Taze Russell, though it has just a few other Russells. Maybe C.T. just wasn't "Famous" enough.
    http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/10,000_famous_freemasons/Volume_4_Q_to_Z.htm

10,000 FAMOUS

FREEMASONS

By

WILLIAM R. DENSLOW

Volume IV

Q – Z

Foreword by

HARRY S. TRUMAN, P.G.M.
    Past Master, Missouri Lodge of Research

Published by
    Macoy Publishing & Masonic Supply Co., Inc.
    Richmond, Virginia

Copyright, I957, William R. Denslow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit