JW runs when he hears the word "Jesus"

by Honesty 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty
    As soon as I said that a middle-aged man who was sitting at a desk in the rear of the office jumped up and ran out the door.

I honestly find this hard to believe.

Warlock

I wouldn't have believed it if I had not seen it. I just thought it odd that he left and then figured he must have had diarrhea and was trying to get the men's room before he messed his britches. When the women said he is a JW it all made sense then.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I left in 97 so twice according to mary i thought it was done in 94 as well?

I'm not bringing up jesus v Jehovah issues, I'm just saying Jws are not afraid of discussing Jesus at all and in fact welcome it and anyone that says otherwise couldn't have ever been a witness. I'm just challenging the premise of this thread.

ps last time I looked it's 2008 not 2006 I said just over 10 years ago :P I don't lie and I think a few people here need to brush up on their maths skills.

JW's only want to discuss Jesus on their own terms. They are unwilling to look at Scripture that truly identifies Him. Matter of fact, the Watchtower Bible has twisted every passage that identifies Jesus.

• Summer wine
    Summer wine

As a Jw it was pretty a no go area with "JESUS" I went to a personel funeral recently....................I got a card from the chapel, saying he was now in the arms of Jesus......................saw a card from a j w /we are not worthy of one, that said "in jehovah's memory"

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Reniaa, the fact that Witnesses think of Jesus as "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived" says it all. If you believe the biblical description of Jesus he was much more than a man. He was a God. He was co-creator of the universe.

It's like thinking of Paul Newman as a maker of salad dressings and ignoring his achievements in film making. Roll Eyes 4

• reniaa
    reniaa

reniaa

Im sorry but you said " Jw s are not afraid of discussing Jesus.............and anyone saying otherwise couldnt have been a witness" How dare you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also you said "im not liar" Sorry but you are saying that everyone here IS a liar !!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

I know they didnt like "Jesus" speak, it was too born again sounding

Ask a witness who is their favorite bible character is and they will say Moses or David or Paul. Ask a born again or just a christian and they will say Jesus. Try it I have

you are confusing two issues here, worship and talking about someone.

This threads is trying to say witnesses are scared to talk about jesus, no they are not! Now if it said Witnesses do not worship jesus then I would have agreed!

Ask a witness who is their favorite bible character is and they will say Moses or David or Paul. Ask a born again or just a christian and they will say Jesus. Try it I have

Personally this statement is worrying because I agree with you, thats is what members of each group would say and I think I prefer to be in the one whose members show individuality in their choice.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So if Jesus was just a man, not someone divine to worship why be called jehovah's Christian witnesses? If Jesus was just a man and not divine then his sacrifice is of no meaning. If Jesus was just a man and not divine how can he be a mediator of the 144,000 (which I don't believe) and actually of all mankind? If Jesus is not divine what is the point?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..You made a big deal about studying the book "The Greatest Man"..Many times.....Twice in 4 years is not many times....."Do your Math"..Fool.....LOL!!...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe she confused "a few" with "a couple of".

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Reniaa -

The "Greatest Man Book" was only studied twice to my knowledge.

Unfortunately for the Witchtower, the sheepleses read the entire passages on which a chapter was based in one go. They were getting the bible without the WTBS saying "it doesn't mean what it says, it means what we say" every five nanoseconds.

This book helped me see that Christ was far more important to the early Church than the Witlesses would have us believe. So it is no longer published.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Revelation (anti)climax book has been studied to death, including with its corrections. But this book emphasises the Slave, the John Class the Organisation.

The fact that the recent doctrinal shifts have undermined the identification of the Disgusting Thing, the Appointment of "the SLave" and other teachings in this steaming pile of Life-Giving Truth has escaped their notice.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit