JW runs when he hears the word "Jesus"

by Honesty 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

This morning I was in the office of a company that I do business with.

3 women were in the office and they all asked me how I was doing since I had major surgery last month.

I told them that I was recovering but it was kind of disappointing when I woke up in the recovery room instead of at the pearly gates.

One of the women said, "God must have more for you to do here."

At which I replied, "Yes, there are so many lost people who don't know Jesus."

As soon as I said that a middle-aged man who was sitting at a desk in the rear of the office jumped up and ran out the door.

One of the women said, "He's a Jehovah's Witness and always does that when anyone mentions Jesus' name in here.

I said, "Uh-huh. Rather telling isn't it."

Another woman said, "He never talks about Jesus. It's always 'Jehovah this and Jehovah that' all the time. It's so weird."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

it makes the demons shudder

• snowbird
    snowbird

Whenever I reflect on how far removed from Jesus of Nazareth the JW's (at one time including myself) are, these Words of His come to mind.

From The Message Bible:

Revelation 2: 4 -5 "But you walked away from your first love—why? What's going on with you, anyway? Do you have any idea how far you've fallen? A Lucifer fall!

"Turn back! Recover your dear early love. No time to waste, for I'm well on my way to removing your light from the golden circle.

Alas, I think the JW's light has already been removed.

Sylvia

• Honesty
    Honesty
    it makes the demons shudder

That was exactly what I thought.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I had a friend who had stopped attending meetings due to doubt- about 1998. He was at a JW wedding and was standing outside. An elder from a neighboring hall came to talk to him and asked him how long he'd been a JW and where he went. My friend explained to him that he had been in the org over 30 yrs but was no longer attending. The elder asked him why. He explained his doubts to the elder and when done the elder told him he was very worried about him. My friend asked why. His friend told him when the door to the ark closes he will be left outside. My friend told him, "Hey wait a minute. I though Jesus said that he was the door and anyone trying to get in any other was was a thief and a plunderer." The elder looked dumbfounded and walked away...and reported my friend who got called in for a JC. He knew the elders were going to df him so he daed.

All for talking about Jesus.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"If a JW met Jesus on the street, he'd try to convert Jesus."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

if Jesus was on the earth in the flesh and was a JW, what would he do as far as what he sees in the org. I would say that in seeing what he did in the Gosepls as far as the relgious leaders of the day he would speak up and refuse to be silenced. How would the org react? They would df him and not allow members to talk to him. Wait a minute- they already do not allow members to talk to Jesus!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Did you check out Jgnat's thread about silly JW phobias? I think it applies in our Jesus hater here. Ask the guy if he goes to Jesus' memorial every spring.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Ask the guy if he goes to Jesus' memorial every spring.

I'm steering clear of that JW nutjob.

I had enough of, "Jehovah this and Jehovah that" when I was a brainwashed cultist.

• sacolton
    sacolton

This is not surprising. When I told my JW brother-in-law "Jesus loves you" - he became disgusted and laughed. Jesus just gets lip-service, but they try to keep Him out of the lime light since to JWs, Jesus is not worthy of deity. It's pretty sad and scary at the same time.

Galatians 1:6

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of the Messiah and, instead, are following a different gospel, not that another one really exists. To be sure, there are certain people who are troubling you and want to distort the gospel about the Messiah.

Now, what group does that sound like?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit