JW runs when he hears the word "Jesus"

by Honesty 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary
    issacaustin said: Mary, 1992? Really? I do not recall and I was attending then. I thought 96 was the first time.

I did too. But just to make sure, I called Crooklyn and asked them. First studied starting October 1992, then September 1996, then March 1999.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL so the inactive Reniaa would have studied this book 1 time in 1992 at the most. LOL

• blondie
    blondie

km 4/89p.8CongregationBookStudy***

Schedule for congregation studies in the book Revelation—ItsGrandClimaxAtHand!:

April 17: Pages 6 to 8

April 24: Pages 9 to 11**

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Issacaustin..Only once?..Thats not what Reniaa say`s!..LOL!!.....1992(once)....1996(twice).....1999(3 times would qualify for many)...............Mary made the WBT$ catch Reniaa in a Lie!..LOL!!..Mary your frigg`n Hilarious!!!!..LOL!!!!!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

I left in 97 so twice according to mary i thought it was done in 94 as well?

I'm not bringing up jesus v Jehovah issues, I'm just saying Jws are not afraid of discussing Jesus at all and in fact welcome it and anyone that says otherwise couldn't have ever been a witness. I'm just challenging the premise of this thread.

ps last time I looked it's 2008 not 2006 I said just over 10 years ago :P I don't lie and I think a few people here need to brush up on their maths skills.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I'm not bringing up jesus v Jehovah issues, I'm just saying Jws are not afraid of discussing Jesus at all and in fact welcome it and anyone that says otherwise couldn't have ever been a witness. I'm just challenging the premise of this thread.

True in a sense. JWs are not afraid to do the discussing in speaking the WT drivel on Jesus. They are very afraid in hearing the truth about Jesus. Thus, it makes them shudder.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

case in point- the JWs have no problem with their controlled study of Jesus in that book they studied 3 times. They would have a big problems having an open discussion.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    case in point- the JWs have no problem with their controlled study of Jesus in that book they studied 3 times. They would have a big problems having an open discussion.

Open discussions on even insignificant matters is dangerous in the organization. For example: is it okay for parents to allow their children to enter drama classes, for example? I have noted that JWs cannot discuss a topic like this while appealing to Scriptural principles alone. No, the focus of the discussion always goes to: "What does Mother say?" - in which case someone usually appeals to some Watchtower or KM article. I can't tell you how many times I have seen this. Immagine the implications of an open discussion on whether the 144,000 is literal or not, or whether or not any organization can assume a co-mediatorship position along with Christ? What did Jesus really mean when he said "other sheep not of this fold"? The Watchtower organization operates much like the Church of Rome did several hundred years ago. Say the wrong things, and you're out. Back then, having a personal copy of the Bible was dangerous to the establishment. Today, a JW desiring a personal relationship with Jesus is dangerous to the Watchtower establishment. Nathan Natas, who used to post on this forum made a very humorous, but astute observation. He said that Jehovah does not use the Governing Body as a mouthpiece. Instead, the Governing Body uses a sock puppet called Jehovah as its own mouthpiece.

• Honesty
    Honesty

what a load of rubbish this thread is! in a word "greatest man" book, how many times did we do the whole book in bookstudies? more than I can remember. Jesus was and is always a popular topic, Jw have Jehovah as God but jesus is still his son to us and our king and the lamb so erm why would anyone be scared I happily discuss Jesus and was exactly the same as a witness.

Anyone that give the premise of this thread any credance I ask seriously were you ever really witnesses? because Jesus is a constant topic he just isn't worshipped as God.

reniaa

Why are you here? Drag your brainwashed mind back to the kingdom hall and you won't have to read a load of rubbish. You can live in one at the kingdom hall.

• Summer wine
    Summer wine

reniaa

Im sorry but you said " Jw s are not afraid of discussing Jesus.............and anyone saying otherwise couldnt have been a witness" How dare you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also you said "im not liar" Sorry but you are saying that everyone here IS a liar !!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

I know they didnt like "Jesus" speak, it was too born again sounding

Ask a witness who is their favorite bible character is and they will say Moses or David or Paul. Ask a born again or just a christian and they will say Jesus. Try it I have

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit