JW runs when he hears the word "Jesus"

by Honesty 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird
    So if Jesus was just a man, not someone divine to worship why be called jehovah's Christian witnesses? If Jesus was just a man and not divine then his sacrifice is of no meaning. If Jesus was just a man and not divine how can he be a mediator of the 144,000 (which I don't believe) and actually of all mankind? If Jesus is not divine what is the point?

Those were the questions that came so insistently after I began reading the Bible without "Bible-based study aids" of the WT.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, reading the Bible can see that Jesus of Nazareth is much more than just a man.

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

The angels thought Jesus was divine enough to rejoice when He was born. That's serious business.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I agree. During my 30yrs +- inside the Borg, Jesus was not a subject that was popular. Almost as if we were not allowed to make too big a deal about him. Greatest man book and all the rest, seems to give a nod towards him, but Jesus is only 2nd best. I am puzzled at the apologists who don't seem see that,.... or to read for that matter. Check the information. There is no harm in making sure that the opponents point of view has any validity. Smith

• ecuador
    ecuador

Ask a witness who is their favorite bible character is and they will say Moses or David or Paul. Ask a born again or just a christian and they will say Jesus. Try it I have I don't think this is an accurate question. Many Christians will answer some other character than Jesus, simply because they assume you are asking "Who besides Jesus is your favorite character?" Jesus is more than a Bible character to them. The Bible clearly states that Jesus is the name above all names. As sacolton said, kurios is translated in the NWT either lord, or Jehovah, depending on the whim of the translators. They were not consistent with this translation.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    You're disappointed to find yourself alive, you think it's your mission to tell people about your god, and you think someone who doesn't like to hear it may be (or have) a demon. What exactly is the difference between you and a "brainwashed cultist"?

Jesus.

welp...

• Honesty
    Honesty

welp...

How so?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Honesty:

welp...

How so?

Likely, it was a visceral response to the sheer inanity of your answer to the question. When asked what distinguishes your irrational beliefs and behaviour from the very similar beliefs and behaviour of someone else, all you can do in reply is invoke the name of your preferred deity. I doubt you have the perspicacity to be able to consider how that sounds to someone who doesn't share your beliefs, but I assure you it does nothing to separate you from the aforementioned "brainwashed cultists".

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

FunkyD has a way with words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit