JW runs when he hears the word "Jesus"

by Honesty 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well I still do not like the name "Jesus". I guess that I have been very programmed from infancy.

• reniaa
    reniaa

what a load of rubbish this thread is! in a word "greatest man" book, how many times did we do the whole book in bookstudies? more than I can remember. Jesus was and is always a popular topic, Jw have Jehovah as God but jesus is still his son to us and our king and the lamb so erm why would anyone be scared I happily discuss Jesus and was exactly the same as a witness.

Anyone that give the premise of this thread any credance I ask seriously were you ever really witnesses? because Jesus is a constant topic he just isn't worshipped as God.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Jesus is a constant topic he just isn't worshipped as God.

Therein lies the problem.

Sylvia

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

The Watchtower has cynically used the Jehovah vs. Jesus issue as another way to differentiate themselves from other Christians. They are simply carrying the torch of Judge Rutherford. The Watchtower movement has thought that it was something new; something revolutionary with it's new gospel. But, there isn't anything new. They have simply reverted back to the Old Covenant whereby the Governing Body in Brooklyn serve as the Witnesse's priestly class.

The Watchtower uses the name Jehovah like a magic charm. They still think of themselves as Elijah challenging other pagan priests to a dual between Baal and Jehovah.

But, they're fighting the wrong fight. They're like a crazy homeless guy in the park who repeatedly punches himself in the face and then claims to win the fight.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Reniaa -

Why does the NWT use Acts 2:21 to say:

And everyone who calls
    on the name Jehovah will be saved.

Shouldn't that read:

And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord (Jesus) will be saved.

The Greek word “Kuriou” meaning “of Lord” or “of Lord’s” is mistranslated as “Jehovah” or “Jehovah’s.”

Why does the Watchtower intentionally skip Jesus to get to the Father to be saved? That's not going to happen.

Remarkably, the Watchtower has exalted in their own literature the usage of the inaccurate name for God, Jehovah, to a salvation issue:

Have you been taught to use God's name, Jehovah? If not, your salvation is in jeopardy, for "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved"! -- Acts 2:21; compare Joel 2:32.(29)

So if one takes in accurate knowledge about God's name and uses that accurate knowledge, as opposed to using the name Jehovah, then he will risk his own salvation, that is, if one accepts what the WS declares about this.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

what a load of rubbish this thread is! in a word "greatest man" book, how many times did we do the whole book in bookstudies? more than I can remember. Jesus was and is always a popular topic, Jw have Jehovah as God but jesus is still his son to us and our king and the lamb so erm why would anyone be scared I happily discuss Jesus and was exactly the same as a witness.

Anyone that give the premise of this thread any credance I ask seriously were you ever really witnesses? because Jesus is a constant topic he just isn't worshipped as God.

Reniaa,

First of all I thought you have been inactive for 10+ years. We did the book in 96 for the fist time. How would you know how many times thereafter it was studied? It is total BS to say that Jesus is a popular topic in Wt land. Total BS. JWs have Jehovah the Father as their god while the son is simply a meaningless password to them. Why would they be scared? Because Satan has them deceived. As James says this name makes the demons shudder. If you are talking with a JW you hear Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah over and over again...perhpas a rare and occasional Jesus. If the name Jesus is used too much the JW would wonder what is wrong with you. This thread is solidly founded upon the reality of being a JW. Jesus is not at all a constant topic nor is he worshipped as God. The Wt is pretty antiCHrist.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Should a person call on Jehovah for salvation, which no one ever heard of until the 1270, or should he call on a different name? Let's allow the Apostle Paul to answer this for us, as he too refers to Joel 2:32. Paul wrote:

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile – the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Rom. 10:9-13).

In Rom. 10:9-13, Paul explicitly stated: (1) that Jesus is Lord; (2) Jesus richly blesses all who call on him; and (3) that these truths refer back to Joel 2:32 in that same passage where YHWH is found in the Hebrew, but here applies them to Jesus! Either the Apostle Paul is wrong or the WS is wrong! They can't both be right, since Paul taught we are to call on JESUS for salvation and the Watchtower, in contradistinction, is teaching we are to call on a hybrid name for God which didn't even exist for 13 centuries — Jehovah! By the way, the NWT is not consistent at Rom. 10:9 with the Greek word by rendering it Jesus, unlike they did at Rev. 4:11, where it is also used and translated Jehovah. If they had been consistent at Rom. 10:9, their NWT would read Jesus is Jehovah, which they would never allow.

Shockingly, the WS contradicts their own teaching about Joel 2:32 and Rom. 10:13 and their own NWT in the latter reference where they elsewhere write about the Son:

There are verses in the Hebrew Scriptures about Jehovah that are quoted in the "New Testament" in a context speaking about the Son. (Isa. 40:3--Matt. 3:3--John 1:23; Joel 2:32--Rom. 10:13; Ps. 45:6, 7--Heb. 1:8, 9) This is understandable, for Jesus was the Father's foremost representative.(30)
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

or how about this

Romans 10: 9 For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.

11 For the Scripture says: “None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

The insert Jehovah is verse 10 using tha same logic as Acts 2;21. Who do verses 9, 11 and 12 refer to? Jesus. What action do these verses all speak of? Declaring...confessing. Why would verse 13 now introduce a different person to call upon for salvation when the previous 4 verses are speaking of jesus and trusting in him? Let's reqord this to see how stupid the NWT really is:

Romans 10: 9 For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Mr Smith is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.

11 For the Scripture says: “None that rests his faith on Mr Smith will be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Mr Smith over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Mr Jones will be saved.”

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL Sacolton

Great minds think alike. I think we posted this in unison.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The typical JW mention of Jesus is a cursory "Oh yeah, Jesus is important too. He made the way open"...then he receives no further mention. The conversation generally then continues on how wonderful the org is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit