"Life Begins at Rape"- Palin Policy

by SixofNine 82 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Excuse me, but I have two points to make -

1 - I recently listened to an interview of Sarah Palin, and I believe that in fact she does allow for corrective abortion in cases of rape and incest.

2 - Should not this thread be listed under "politics" as the subject matter, rather than what is is presently?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Absolutely James. Politics for sure.

But here are a couple of words on the rape and incest question to Palin. This was during her Gubernatorial campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEN-c0zRH1c&feature=related

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/101906/sta_20061019031.shtml

Smith said Palin is opposed to abortion, but believes an exception should be made if the health of the mother is in danger.

That's the only exception Palin would make, though, Smith said.

"She doesn't make exception for rape and incest, only for health of the mother," he said.

• Aculama
    Aculama

No matter who you support for political office the opposition will try to paint them in a negative light. Many times opposing parties will "partner" one act with another (both sides are guilty of this) in order to push their agenda. Then when it comes to a vote you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

By the way, I am a Christian but I'm not voting for the republican ticket. A real Christian would never put a woman in authority ( 1 Tim 2:12 ). If this doesn't get sumpin' going I don't know what will.

• dawg
    dawg

Acukuma... I'm leaving that alone... LOL!

The above video pretty much ends the conversation about abortion and rape...

A Constitutional Amendment?... good god, she's a fool!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Just for the sake of accuracy Dawg, I believe she was talking about the Alaska State constitution. But it does show how strongly she feels about the subject.

• SixofNine
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

"By the way, I am a Christian but I'm not voting for the republican ticket. A real Christian would never put a woman in authority ( 1 Tim 2:12 )."

Actually, I think they have that covered; I've yet to see Sarah Palin at a public appearance w/o Todd standing somewhere nearby. In fact, it's getting a little creepy. (though I understand, what with the way McCain was so openly checking out her ass and all...)

• dawg
    dawg

Thanks Bekesks... I appreciate you correcting me on that... Still, what a nut job she is!

To watch those on the right defend her is truly frighting...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    To watch those on the right defend her is truly frighting...

Why? She looks to me like she can take care of herself.

Oh - now I get it. You are "frighting" more of her than "those on the right"...

Now, let me repeat it. What I truly think that she believes on abortion is simply this:

It should be done only in cases of threat to life of the mother, or cases of rape and incest. Both rape and incest babies are a demonstrable threat to the probable physical life and mental health of the mother.

She dislikes abortion as a solution to unwanted but inevitable pregnancies when care is not taken. I.E. - abortion as birth control is something that she opposes. I personally do not think that she has an agenda to dismantle Roe v. Wade as established law.

The interviews coming in the next few weeks should provide her own words on the subject.

• dawg
    dawg

"Now, let me repeat it. What I truly think that she believes on abortion is simply this:

It should be done only in cases of threat to life of the mother, or cases of rape and incest. Both rape and incest babies are a demonstrable threat to the probable physical life and mental health of the mother".

Evidence is shown, evidence is ignored... you guys see what I mean on this thread I started earlier about how and why they make enemies of themselves? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt James... did you watch the video that is posted above?

If not, then I'll give you a chance to respond after watching it.. God!

She is specifically asked if she'd support a "constitutional amendment" that would ban abortion even in the case of rape or incest, and she says she'd support it... it's plain, it's her talking....

As I've said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but the above video is damning to your cause.

If someone ever had beliefs that a person doesn't have the right to abort a embryo after they've been raped, then that person is a damned fool.

And this goes to the point of this thread let me remind you... in the rape packages there included a "morning after pill" something Palin opposes because she believes life begins at conception.

All of you that have read me the last few days have seen my anger, it stems from showing concrete evidence and that evidence being ignored.... how can that not make someone an enemy when they are supporting someone with beliefs like this? James, please tell me that you've withdrawn support for this loon after you watch this video... please tell me concrete evidence will sway you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit