"Life Begins at Rape"- Palin Policy

by SixofNine 82 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"Dawg, that interview proves only that she opposes abortion as a form of birth control. The fact that she does allow for emergency abortions in extreme cases is proof that she is not an unbendable "religious fanatic" on the subject."

I guess it's a matter of perception, but in my book a woman who objects to morning-after pills being accessible for rape victims is every bit an unbendable religious fanatic on the subject.

Sarah says, apparently trying to sound open-minded: "Please understand me on this. I do understand McCain's position on this. I do understand others who are very passionate about this issue who have a differing point of view"

Oh, ok...but it's BibleGod's point of view we should be concerned with, right Sarah? We should stop worrying about our own points of view and get our hearts right with god, right?

• hooberus
    hooberus

Ever heard of Partial Birth Abortion ?

How about the Born Alive Infant Protection Act ?

http://creationontheweb.com/content/view/5828/

‘Unwelcome’ side-effect of abortion: infants who survive!

Photo wikipedia

Barack Obama

Barack Obama

The Born Alive Infant Protection Act (BAIPA) at the national level, and various bills like it in state legislatures, was introduced in response to reports that some victims of botched abortion, who were born alive, were being left to die. Jill Stanek was a nurse who testified about this practice, having seen infants shelved in dirty utility rooms to die. The BAIPA guaranteed infants born under such circumstances the same right to treatment as other prematurely born children, whether or not the parents wanted the child to be treated. The bill passed the Senate unanimously, with even the most pro-abortion senators agreeing that once a child was born, the mother’s so-called ‘right to choose’ ended. In 2002, BAIPA was signed into law at the national level. However, in the Illinois senate, a state version of the law failed to pass repeatedly, thanks in large part to then-State Senator Barack Obama (1961–). The Illinois BAIPA only passed after Obama left the State Senate. Stanek reports that when she testified before a committee of which Obama was a member:

‘Obama articulately worried that legislation protecting live aborted babies might infringe on women's rights or abortionists' rights. Obama's clinical discourse, his lack of mercy, shocked me. I was naive back then. Obama voted against the measure, twice. It ultimately failed. In 2003, as chairman of the next Senate committee to which BAIPA was sent, Obama stopped it from even getting a hearing, shelving it to die much like babies were still being shelved to die in Illinois hospitals and abortion clinics.’ 20

At the national level, Obama has proved to be one of the most pro-abortion senators, going so far as to vote against a law that would require an abortionist performing an abortion on a minor transported across state lines to notify at least one parent. He opposed the US Supreme Court decision upholding the ban on partial-birth abortion, the gruesome procedure in which the baby’s body is delivered leaving only the head in the birth canal, when the abortionist sucks the baby’s brains out then delivers the dead baby now that the head has been suitably shrunk. 21

• dawg
    dawg

Hooberus, if what you've posted is true, it's an outrage....

But you need to start your own thread, it's off subject of nut job Palin...

This thread is about rape kits, abortion after rape etc...

I'd be interested to see the facts on what you've posted... if it's true, then that not good for Obama's side either.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Hooberus, if what you've posted is true, it's an outrage....

But you need to start your own thread, it's off subject of nut job Palin...
    This thread is about rape kits, abortion after rape etc...

I'd be interested to see the facts on what you've posted... if it's true, then that not good for Obama's side either.

Would not your earlier comments here (quoted below) also apply to Obama? (especially since he is even closer to controlling the White House than the V.P. nominee Palin) http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/165641/3068645/post.ashx#3068645

Well, I can see your point... but the problem is it isn't a non issue, as I'm sure you'd agree... she is one heart beat from being President, and John McCain is a very old man... if congress were to be majority Republicans in the future, which could happen, and Johnny boy dies, which could happen, then nut job Palin could be the one who appoints Supreme Court justices.,...

And, I might add, it show her ability to reason, she may one day be in charge of the nuclear football... you want this nut job holding a device like that? And many more decisions this nut job may make if/when president.
  • simplesally
    simplesally

Dawg, that article about Obama is true ... scary and sad. But I think now, despite Obama, if the babies survive they are to receive medical aid.

• dawg
    dawg

Here's what you nuts on the right refuse to see, I don't defend stupid actions, be they committed by either a Democrat or a Republican...

I already answered your question Hooberus, you're trying to play "got ya" with someone too damn smart to be got.

If Obama supported this then all you've done is prove to all of us that we have a group of damned idiots to vote for this year... that's not a reflection on me whatsoever, it's a reflection on this nation.

I immediately said what Obama did was foolish, what more could you want? If he did that, I'll have to chose which group of fools is the least foolish, it'll make my decision that much harder, that's all, it will be nothing new as I seem to do that every time I vote.

• dawg
    dawg

Where's the thread you're starting about this hooberus? I think you need to air this out in a public forum as I can't find facts to back what you're saying... I'm not saying it isn't true, I just can t find repudiate sources.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Dawg, when have you ever been able to trust ANYONE who makes a wedge issue out of abortion? The above is bullshit and lies and obfuscation. If their lips are moving.... you know the rest.

• dawg
    dawg

That's what I thought... if I don't see evidence this is true, then what else am I supposed to make of it?

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Dawg, when have you ever been able to trust ANYONE who makes a wedge issue out of abortion? The above is bullshit and lies and obfuscation. If their lips are moving.... you know the rest.
    That's what I thought... if I don't see evidence this is true, then what else am I supposed to make of it?

Illinois General Assembly 2003 state bill, SB 1082

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit