"Life Begins at Rape"- Palin Policy

by SixofNine 82 Replies latest jw friends

• hooberus
    hooberus

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09300SB1082&GA=93&SessionId=3&DocTypeId=SB&LegID=3910&DocNum=1082&GAID=3&Session=

Full Text of SB1082

Introduced
    Senate Amendment 001
    Printer-Friendly Version PDF Bill Status

093_SB1082  LRB093 10540 MKM 10794 b 1 AN ACT concerning infants who are born alive. 2 Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois, 3 represented in the General Assembly: 4 Section 5. The Statute on Statutes is amended by adding 5 Section 1.36 as follows: 6 (5 ILCS 70/1.36 new) 7 Sec. 1.36. Born-alive infant. 8 (a) In determining the meaning of any statute or of any 9 rule, regulation, or interpretation of the various 10 administrative agencies of this State, the words "person", 11 "human being", "child", and "individual" include every infant 12 member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any 13 stage of development. 14 (b) As used in this Section, the term "born alive", with 15 respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the 16 complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of that 17 member, at any stage of development, who after that expulsion 18 or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of 19 the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary 20 muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been 21 cut and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction 22 occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean 23 section, or induced abortion. 24 (c) A live child born as a result of an abortion shall 25 be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate 26 protection under the law. 27 Section 99. Effective date. This Act takes effect upon 28 becoming law.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

dupe

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Oh look, hooberus' lips are moving.

"Obama and other opponents of the Illinois bill have noted the state already had a law to protect aborted fetuses born alive and considered able to survive. Moreover, they said the proposed legislation would have undermined the landmark Supreme Court case on abortion, Roe v. Wade, in ways the federal law would not. Among those opposed to the state effort was the Illinois State Medical Society, which argued that the bill would interfere with the doctor-patient relationship and expand civil liability for doctors."
  • still-fading
    still-fading

Dawg, I agree to a point. maybe I put a little faith in the system of checks and balances. But I really believe any a extreme views and/or policies simply would not be tolerated and be squashed. For example Supreme court justices. Such as happened in the past, a justice with extreme views would never get out of confirmation hearings alive! People in Congress are not dumb, they know they face re-election. Voters on both sides do not like extremists. They know that for a fact, they don't want to commit political suicide.

• dawg
    dawg

See, six of nine... that's why he won't start a thread on this subject... he knows the ass kicking he'll get when the facts are reveled.

• dawg
    dawg

He knows he can make these egregious remarks at the end of a thread and not get caught... sad really...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

6of9, the problem is that Obama's defense does not hold water. The bill was amended to specifically not infringe on abortion rights. The language was identical to a federal bill that passed unanimously in the US senate. I started a thread on the subject a few days ago.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/29/165553/1.ashx

• dawg
    dawg

I watched the video, a CBN video non the less, far from a source that is unbiased.... He says he doesn't support letting any child who's born alive to not be saved.

Here's the video...

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/429328.aspx

I can only take the man for his word, I am ignorant of the many laws in the State in which he's from, I do not know if what's he's saying is true or not... I just don't know...

I most certainly do NOT trust sources that are attacking the man,so I'm left with no option but to listen to the man himself; he says he doesn't support letting born infants die...

The end, nothing left to be said...

I haven't seen any video other than the ones where Sarah Palin says with her own mouth that she would support an amendment that would outlaw abortion even in the case of rape and incest...

You are far from a person that I trust to make a unbiased research of this subject Burns, I've seen the man say himself the reasons he didn't support the bill. I'll damn well take him at his word over anything you've got to say about the subject... you are far from unbiased, and certainly not objective about anything... period!

I've known personally many people who are pro choice, most of them agree with Roe v Wade... I've read Roe V Wade and can understand how the court come to the decision they did... some if it was about the viability of life to live outside the womb and the so called quickening. But even the most ardent supporter of abortion would find allowing living babies to die outside the womb repulsive.

I don't know anyone that would support such a thing, Obama says he doesn't support such a thing... I';; take him for his word unless you can give repudiate sources that says he willing to let newborns die.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I may be off topic a bit, but I want to get something absolutely straight about the following quote:

At the national level, Obama has proved to be one of the most pro-abortion senators, going so far as to vote against a law that would require an abortionist performing an abortion on a minor transported across state lines to notify at least one parent. He opposed the US Supreme Court decision upholding the ban on partial-birth abortion, the gruesome procedure in which the baby’s body is delivered leaving only the head in the birth canal, when the abortionist sucks the baby’s brains out then delivers the dead baby now that the head has been suitably shrunk. 21

I don't know what source this came from but I question all their "facts" and statements. Partial birth abortion is a hideous act and I am totally against it. It is normally used for late term pregnancies.

The real procedure is the head is delivered first, drilled into and the brains sucked out, the baby is then delivered dead. There is no way the body is delivered first....that kind usually has to be delivered by cesarean section. So I question where this information came from.

There is no way a baby can be turned around in the birth canal...ask any woman who has delivered a baby. I watched this debated in congress many years ago and they showed the entire procedure with photos on cable television.

r.

EDITED to ADD: I just looked it up and I see it has changed since 13 years ago. They do deliver them feet first...either way what a barbaric procedure. Shame on any monster that can do this.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well wtf are you infering BTS, that Obama wants babies to die?

This is just bullshit, and it's despicable bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit