"Life Begins at Rape"- Palin Policy

by SixofNine 82 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

It's been one hour since I posted the above post...No reply from James Woods...

I'll continue to give the old boy the benefit of the doubt, but if he doesn't reply and agree that Sarah Palin is against abortion even in cases of rape I wouldn't be surprised.

For the last few weeks, I read post after post, thread after thread that proves the Republican wrong... they will not relent even in the face of evidence. This is a video for Christ's sake! How can it be disputed?

See the point? See how that makes someone an enemy when they ignore facts and do things that hurt you and your family? Sad isn't it?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    She is specifically asked if she'd support a "constitutional amendment" that would ban abortion even in the case of rape or incest, and she says she'd support it... it's plain, it's her talking....

I saw her answer when asked the question - she said, on air, that she would vote to have Roe vs Wade overturned. She does not believe in abortion regardless of the cause of pregnancy. Period. sammieswife.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The interviews coming in the next few weeks should provide her own words on the subject.

Dawg, that interview proves only that she opposes abortion as a form of birth control. The fact that she does allow for emergency abortions in extreme cases is proof that she is not an unbendable "religious fanatic" on the subject.

There was another interview last night when Sean Hannity asked her if she had a hard time deciding whether or not to carry the Down's Syndrome baby to term. She said it took several weeks to come to the decision to keep him. What does that tell you?

You on the left are performing the highly questionable task of trying to prove her more extreme on this subject than she really is - and the purpose of it is political. You want a hard left democrat elected and are full well willing to demonize her to accomplish this.

• dawg
    dawg

Ok folks, the verdict is in... we have James Wood's own words, you can read his quoted remarks above...

See now why I say there's no reasoning with these guys?.... the video that is listed above, where Sarah Palin's own words describe what she thinks cannot be denied. It's almost laughable if our futures weren't tied up in this election...

It's sad really, I'm on the far left because I can hear, I can read, I have the ability to see reality...according to James Woods, Gregor, BTS, and every other right winger on this site... they're idiots, there's no reasoning with them... even whne they watrch vedios that prove them wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt they won't admit it.

You guys can't see how dangerous these people are to your families?

All of you read BTS posts everyday, they're a disconnect with reality... Gregor....same...

Then those on the right have the gall to say, and this is a direct quote here, "that we don't think we feel" It would be laughable if it wern't so damn obvious that these people have mental problems...

But that doesn't mean that we should let them hurt our families... Politics is as real as religion in it's impact on our families... and these guys are enemies because they hurt our families and friends when they vote for fools...Lord guys, get on my team, get passionate, lets become active and defeat these fools, it's all we can do..

• still-fading
    still-fading

Ok, I'm gonna first put myself out there and give my personal views on abortion. I believe abortions are fine until the point the fetus is viable with-out extraordinary measures. I lean social liberal but strong fiscal conservative. Almost to the point of being libertarian. That being said, I still believe this whole issue is a smoke screen and a smear campaign. Reason being she can hate abortions and support constitutional amendments all she wants! There is nothing she can do about it! That is for a couple reasons, the President nor the vp can write laws, that is up to the Congress, and laws regarding abortion won't even hit the floor. They will die in committees. The Supreme Court will never hear Roe v. Wade again. They will not even consider reversing it, this is on both sides, even Scalia as said it is a sound ruling. Even it does somehow someway gets reversed, abortions will still be legal. It would go back to being an individual state issue, not Federal.

• dawg
    dawg

OK still, please go back, read the posts, read what they're about and then comment again. I mostly agree with you, but we are on another page than you... all of us.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Gee James...don't wait a few more weeks - she's a flip flopper, an opportunist and power hungry - she'll say anything to get elected. Heck, just go to wiki so we don't have to keep finding articles for your where she clearly states how she feels -

In October of 2007, she signed the "Christian Heritage Week" Proclamation [4] which "reminds Alaskans of the role Christianity has played in our rich heritage." [5] She also declared the week of November 18-25, 2007 as Bible Week in Alaska, stating that "the Bible has profoundly influenced art, literature, music, and codes of law." [6]

After the Republican National Convention, Palin's religious views came under increasing scrutiny in the media. [7] [8] [9] Palin spoke to a group of graduating ministry students at her former church, where she urged them to pray "that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God", [10] and in the same remarks asserted that “God’s will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built", in reference to the Alaskan national gas pipeline project. [11] [12] In her talk at the Assembly of God Church, she stated, “God has sent me, from underneath the umbrella of this church, throughout the state.” [13] In light of these statements, a Washington Monthly opinion piece asked, "Palin, given her public comments, should answer a few reasonable questions: Does she believe in the separation of church and state? Is she comfortable with a government that remains entirely neutral on matters of faith?" [14]

According to Steven Waldman of BibleNet, the Christian Heritage Week resolution Palin signed "plucked Founding Fathers quotes way out of context to misleadingly imply they were devout Christians" a technique which he says in many other cases has been used "to promote the argument that America was created to be a Christian nation, and separation of church and state is a myth." Furthermore, Palin has suggested that her work as governor would be hampered "if the people of Alaska’s heart isn’t right with God," which Steven Waldman of BibleNet says ascribes religious explanations for policy outcomes, and "makes assessing her performance nearly impossible. If she stumbles, it’s our fault." [15]

Palin’s former pastor believes that her religious beliefs will affect her political positions, while Palin has stated that she would not allow her personal beliefs to dictate public policy. [16] Nancy Hardesty, a professor of religion at Clemson University in South Carolina, asserts that Palin has been exposed to religious doctrines that could shape her environmental and foreign policies. [17] Der Spiegel describes the relevance of her Pentacostalist past to what she says in public, and asserts that the McCain campaign wants to play it down. [18]

[edit] Stem cell research

Governor Palin stated in 2006 that because she believes embryonic stem cell research causes the destruction of life, it is inconsistent with her pro-life position and she does not support this research. [19]

All of the various adult stem cell research approaches are supported by Palin. In an interview with Charlie Gibson, Palin differentiated between the two types of stem cell research "And thankfully, again, not only are there other options, but we're getting closer and closer to finding a tremendous amount of other options, like, as I mentioned, the adult stem cell research". [20]

[edit] Abortion

Palin is opposed to abortion in almost all cases, including rape, incest, but not if "a doctor’s determination [is] that the mother’s life would end if the pregnancy continued". [21] [22] In 2006, while running for governor, Palin was asked what she would do if her own daughter were raped and became pregnant; she responded that she would "choose life." [23] She and her husband have stated that they have "faith that every baby is created for a good purpose." [24] When asked what she would do as governor if Roe v. Wade were overturned, she responded "it would not be up [to me] to unilaterally ban anything. It would be up to the people of Alaska to discuss and decide how we would like our society to reflect our values." [25] Palin personally supported bills to outlaw late-term abortions and to require parental consent for underage abortions in Alaska, [26] but rebuffed religious conservatives who wanted to legislate restrictions on abortion even though she agreed with the bills. [27]

In her televised interview with ABC news anchor, Charlie Gibson, on September 12, 2008, Sarah Palin made the statement that as a politician she felt that her opinions were to be made openly to the public, but that sometimes it may differ with political legislation. When Gibson asked if she thought Roe v. Wade should be overturned, she replied, "I think it should and I think that states should be able to decide that issue." [28] Palin also said that she hoped "to reach out and work with those who are on the other side of this issue, because I know that we can all agree on the need for and the desire for fewer abortions in America and greater support for adoption, for other alternatives that women can and should be empowered to embrace, to allow that culture of life." [28] Gibson noted that McCain allows exceptions for rape or incest, and asked, "Do you believe in it only in the case where the life of the mother is in danger?" Palin answered, "That is my personal opinion." [28] When pressed on the matter, she said, "My personal opinion is that abortion allowed if the life of the mother is endangered. Please understand me on this. I do understand McCain's position on this. I do understand others who are very passionate about this issue who have a differing."[sic] [28]

• dawg
    dawg

Sammielee... all those quotes, with attached references... you're wasting your time my brother... they think and we feel remember? Pure unadulterated refusal to see reality, that's what you have when you talk to a right winger... all of them!

• still-fading
    still-fading

I've been following the conversation. From what I gather, people are afraid that her personal views on abortion will affect policy, laws and or court rulings. All I'm saying is regardless of where she stands on the issue, there really is nothing she can do about it. There is great system of checks and balances that prevents that from happening. As far as I'm concerned, it's a non-issue in this election cycle.

• dawg
    dawg

Well, I can see your point... but the problem is it isn't a non issue, as I'm sure you'd agree... she is one heart beat from being President, and John McCain is a very old man... if congress were to be majority Republicans in the future, which could happen, and Johnny boy dies, which could happen, then nut job Palin could be the one who appoints Supreme Court justices.,...

And, I might add, it show her ability to reason, she may one day be in charge of the nuclear football... you want this nut job holding a device like that? And many more decisions this nut job may make if/when president.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit