News from downunder - the mystery of the falling tower on 9/11

by ozziepost 93 Replies latest social current

• zagor
    zagor

Glad to hear jgnat, It also happens that my job is a research analyst and I tend to look at patterns, frequencies and statistics and not only on information someone handed to me. But we could go through this till morning I guess.

But to agree with on one point I do not subscribe ot conspiracy theories either, they do too shallow of a job to be of any use. World is way more complex and dynamic than their simplistic theories can even begin to describe. So they realy on their imagination.

I think it is only our kids or their kids who will start getting some real answers like we are getting today about what really happended during WW1 and WW2.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I think it is only our kids or their kids who will start getting some real answers like we are getting today about what really happended during WW1 and WW2.

Well, there I think we are deceiving ourselves as well. The nature of time and testimony means that the farther away we are from an event, the less likely we will get to the "truth". This is why I scoff at modern attempts to "prove" if Jesus was a historical figure or not. The eye-witnesses, the source documents, become more scarce through time. Not to mention faulty memory. Also compounding over time are the multiple special interest groups who would bias the result if they could.

I remember a recent television show where an Archaeologist set out to see if the last of the Medici really poisoned each other (as it was rumored). The archealogical evidence suggested otherwise. The sons were more likely taken out by something like pneumonia. But here again, shortly after a great person's death, rumors ran rampant.

WAC, I've worked for more than a dozen government departments. I gotta agree with you about the compartmentalization. But then again, compartmentalization hinders information exchange, rather than helping it along.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wonder where newly-appointed V.P. candidate Joseph Biden stands on all this?

He was on the judiciary committee, and is, by his own account, the most intelligent man in the U.S. Senate.

I think he would be a credible choice to head up the reform investigation under the new administration.

While they are at it, why not have the Pentagon come clean about Area 51?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I will once again repeat myself as a journeyman ironworker, how can jet fuel simultaneously and uniformly burn through 47 columns and the inner columns being 8" thick weighing 60 tons throughout the building?

It doesn't have to "burn through", it only has to weaken them enough. Steel loses strength as temperature increases. When one or two columns actually fail, the rest cannot support the weight. It is a catastrophic failure.

< | >

Performance of Large Timbers in Fires

When exposed to fire wood retains its strength for a longer period of time than metal. Unprotected metals quickly lose their strength and collapse suddenly, often with little warning. In contrast, wood loses strength slowly and only as material is lost through surface charring.

Average building fire temperatures range from approximately 700º to 900º Celsius. Steel weakens dramatically as its temperature climbs above 230ºC, retaining only 10% of its strength at about 750ºC.

As a rule, wood will not ignite until it reaches a temperature of around 250ºC. Once it catches fire, wood typically develops char at the rate of 0.64mm per minute under severe fire conditions. The char naturally insulates the wood and raises the temperature level it can withstand. Thus, in a 30-minute fire, only 19mm of each exposed surface of the glulam is lost to charring, leaving most of the original cross section intact.

FIRE SAFETY
    In nearly every country, one or more regulatory agencies concern themselves with the fire safety of building materials and systems. In the U.S., these include:

• Model Building Code organizations - develop design requirements, compliance criteria and regulatory oversight for building construction. Regulatory agencies participate in the development of these provisions.
    • American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) - promulgates fire test methods for building materials and systems.
    • ASTM Test Method E-119 approximates actual fire conditions for building assemblies (beams, walls and connectors) and results in the development of fire-resistance ratings for building assemblies.

• ASTM E-84 Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials provides data on flame-spread ratings / classifications and smoke-developed indexes for materials.

Steel beams have melted and collapsed over charred timber beam, which, despite heavy damage, remains in place.

406mm, 60 kg/m steel beam (#W16x40) and 178mm x 533mm glulam beam following fire testing under full load. Steel beam collapsed after only 30 minutes of exposure while the glulam member remained straight and true, charring on 19mm on exposed surfaces.

^

< | >

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit