OnTheWayOut

How about a sign:

NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WELCOME.
    GO AWAY. PUT ME ON THE DNC LIST.
    VIOLATORS WILL BE PERSECUTED.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    VIOLATORS WILL BE PERSECUTED.

Now wait, this statement will draw more to your door. They live for persecution!!

• blondie
    blondie

Nothing is foolproof. I remember those days when Brother Bumblehead would disregard the slip or worse yet call anyway or the person who had the territory the time before lost the slip for do not calls. Then there is Sister Can'tFindHerA** who thinks it said 906 instead of 609 and calls on the house.

I find not answering the door to work the best. If you find that they are stopping more often than every 6 months, they might be "spying" on you trying to catch you doing something "wrong."

I've been inactive 7 years and never been called on by jws doing d2d.

Blondie

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

How about the opposite to what OTWO wrote:

"Jehovah's Witnesses Welcome here...We Are Apostates"

• minimus
    minimus

All excellent! Keep them coming!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

There's no need to get rid of them, they've never shown up to my door. Since I left my parents' house three years ago, I've only been visited by the JWs once, and that was because a neighbor of mine was a JW and sent an elder to "encourage" me.

• slimboyfat
  • Mary
    Mary

Open the door and ask them if they'd be interested in a free home bible study using this bible study aid:

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Have a video camera at the ready. When they knock, answer with camera recording. Ask them if there is a clergy/laity class amongst Jehovah's Witnesses. When they answer 'No' then ask why do elders claim clergy privileges in the legal court system.

Keep the question calm and civil and don't show any form of anger.

Oh and the camera? Just tell them that you will be posting their answer on the internet.

Legal Note: I am not a lawyer. These are my opinions and should not be construed as a valid legal source.

In my opinion, recording their visit is legal as it is your home. Jehovah's Witnesses can limit what goes on in a kingdom hall (No recording devices, no note taking, no observers during Judicial Hearings) because they have that legal authority. You are a guest or visitor in that building.

When they come to your door, you have the authority to record what goes on. If they ask you to stop, you are not legally required to do so. Reason: It is your home.

Not only will this stop JW's from coming to your door, but it will certainly have a local and quite possibly a global effect when they are going out in the field circus. When they come up to a door, will they be thinking "will there be ANOTHER camera here as well?"

Just remember, No anger, no name calling, nothing negative. Keep your tone positive and upbeat.

I'm still waiting for the elders to come to my door. I've requested it but they haven't shown up.

And yes the camera is ready.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit