Suggestions On How To Get Rid of JWs Coming To Your Door

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Actually, there are a couple/few things (may you have peace!):

1. Show them where their Bible interpretations are inaccurate and when they ask you if you've ever been baptized ("as a Jehovah's Witness"), tell them "yes."

2. After you tell them that, tell them that you also eat and drink.

3. Then tell them that you listen to and follow Christ, the Holy Spirit, and do not follow men, and that if they would like to know how to do that, too, well, please just step inside and we can continue the conversation.

The result? After these have beat a hasty retreat from your porch, a note will be made on a "Return Visit" slip (if you didn't attend a congregation in the area, and so aren't known) or on your Publisher card (if you did attend a congregation in the "territory" and/or are known)... and a letter will be sent the "The Society" letting them know who and where you are.

After that, any time a group is in your neighborhood (which will be highly unlikely after this, because they have SUCH a fear of those who profess union with Christ, through holy spirit, that they tend not only to avoid the person, but the entire neighborhood because, I guess, they fear they might accidentally run into you... or the Holy Spirit...), you will see them either standing across the street whispering and pointing at your house, or sitting in the car, pretending to get their bags together, but actually trying to work up the nerve... or energy... to even get out. And sometimes they don't but, after putting on a pretense as if, oops, we forgot something at the KH, they just drive off. This latter tends to happen on those occasions when they see you peeking out the window...

Now, of course, that doesn't happen to me anymore. Now, I feign ignorance ("innocent as dove") and offer them a cool drink while I slowly take them through their Bible... and their false teachings. Had quite a conversation a couple Sundays ago, actually. Really quite nice. The two "brothers" stayed on my doorstep close to 40 minutes.

But my question is WHY would you NOT want them to come to your house? I look forward to it. How/where else am I going to get a chance to talk with them? Certainly not at the KH. Maybe on the street? But then, they're usually out at the crack of dawn (when I'm not even awake), so's they can be "done" BEFORE the "service meeting." Nope, too early for me.

I say, welcome one another... and welcome your "enemies," too.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• John Doe
    John Doe
    How about dying your bush NWT green and answering the door naked?

If you do that, can I get a picture?

• zagor
    zagor

just tell em, you were out of condoms and you need one urgently so would they happen to have one handy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit