I just came from my elder's meeting

by BonaFide 85 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

While I have some doubts about this story (reminds me of Trevor) I would like to point out that the Pay attention-book states: "If there are two or three witnesses to the same kind of wrongdoing but each one is witness to a separate incident, their testimony can be considered. Such evidence may be used to establish guilt, but it is preferable to have two witnesses to the same occurrence of wrongdoing."

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Also, I related previously about guns pointed at me and being mugged. If I give more details, someone will know someone who heard me give this experience at a District Convention, I gave it several times, my real name will get out there, and that is not good.

But if anyone feel I am not telling the truth about anything I said, I can answer with a PM.

Actually, today I feel better, I like your posts, like a lifeline. My elders seem like they are on a mission to "clean the congregation." They said I may be impeding the Holy Spirit.

I still feel like I should not have not gone as far as I did with the sisters, and thus I deserve some sort of punishment. Sounds weird I guess, but my whole life I always try to do what I learned what is right, and I have made mistakes.

Its funny, I used to be viewed as such a mature brother when I was interviewed on International Conventions, and I felt so wise and important and a good person. Even when I did little things wrong I felt like Jehovah was blessing me, and forgave me.

Now I feel like I am starting over.

Is this worth it?

Bonafide

• mouthy
    mouthy

Now I feel like I am starting over.

Is this worth it?

This is the 1st day for the rest of you life.... Yes start over Good Luck !!!!

• mustang
    mustang

WOW!!! I would still stand my ground, but I would tell them off:

1) You've now got two liars, on two different occasions, no two witnesses to anything. You've got squat.

2) You are going to railroad me, this is an obvious witch hunt.

3) When I'm gone, what are these oversexe3d girls going to do? And you have to admit that you have a hotbed of problem women. That's your problem, not mien.

5) they'll be after you next.

6) I think we need to tell all your wives about what opportunities you are creating. I'm not worried about divorce.

7) Divorce is more expensive than DF'ing.

8) if the gals are that hard up for men, what about servants? Tell them to back off or there will be less men. When you're gone, they'll go after the next guy: then it's my fault? I think not!!!

9) I would go down swinging: YOU'VE GOT A KH FULL OF LYING, HORNY IMMORAL SISTERS. Getting rid of me doesn't go near addressing the problem.

10) Or maybe, the brothers know about #8 and want to encourage it!!!

Mention this to them: plant the seed. There will be a fresh crop of immorality after you leave, with maybe a few kids and divorces.

I thought you had a good shot at this, but it looks like they are deadly serious.

BTW, I've been there & beat it!!! But I was leaving town. The two "blackbirds" came to visit (Shepherding Call) the day before I left. They asked me if there was anything that I wanted to tell them, get off my chest. I said, no, all is well.

I know what they were after: I had gone out in FS with an older sister; she seemed way too friendly, but nothing happened. I behaved properly at all times. But, another brother was dating her daughter. He ultimately got the older sister pregnant!!!

Looking back, I did so much of the FS thing with the sisters that I sometimes think I was the one that caused WTS to get hot on the subject of 'improper appearances'..

Seven, huh? If you go, they'll lose half of them in the next year.

I say, LET THEM IMPLODE!!!!

I might go down to petty jealousy, but I wouldn't cave in to it.

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

You need

a) to think about what you do next: career is much more important than this honorarium.

b) you need some humor. This might be one way to appraoch it:

THREE ENVELOPES

A young man is hired to a management job. An Old-Timer who was leaving is tasked to show him around.

The Old-Timer completed the general tour and returned to the office. He pointed to the desk and mentioned that there was one last thing to be divulged. The Old-Timer opens an otherwise empty desk drawer and points to three envelopes.

He turns to the Newcomer and says, "in times of trouble open an envelope, in the order that they are stacked". On that note, the Old-Timer shook the Newcomer's hand and left.

Six months later, things were bad and looking worse. Pondering what to do, Newcomer recalled the envelopes. He opened the desk drawer and withdrew the first one.

He opened it and read "RE-ORGANIZE".

The Newcomer said, "Well, I'll be"!!! He rose, went out and proceeded to implement changes. All matters turned around and soon were running smoothly.

Two years later, things were crisis-to-panic all over again. Sitting at this desk, in another pensive mood, the Newcomer recalled the envelops. Opening the drawer, puling out envelope #2 he opens it with anticipation. Surprisingly, the sheet inside says "RE-ORGANIZE".

The Newcomer mutters, "well, it worked once...."

Things run smoothly for about a year, then take a down turn. The Newcomer opens the drawer with a smile and withdraws the last envelope.

It reads "PREPARE THREE ENVELOPES".

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Starting over? YES!!!

I've done it. Forget the dead-end road of JW'ism. Anything beats that, hands down.

Mustang

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Starting over? YES!!!

I've done it. Forget the dead-end road of JW'ism. Anything beats that, hands down.

Amen bro!

BF... you just need a GF! and get a life out of the JWs!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    My elders seem like they are on a mission to "clean the congregation." They said I may be impeding the Holy Spirit.

Every congregation I've ever been in, there was that "what's hindering the spirit here" mentality. There are no 'picture perfect' congregations as are described in the WT. The try to convince all the dubs that congs should be trouble-free. Never have been, never will be.

I'd never been the type to give that any thought because 'greiving the spirit' is a personal issue, not a congregation issure. It's supposed to be Hojovah's congregation, why would he punish a bunch of innocent people when he could strike the guilty people down like Ananias and Sapphira. This whole hindering the Holy Ghost in the congregation thing is completely Old Testament, nation of Israel, crap. The bOrg is so freaked up that they're looking for Achan-like scapegoats to explain the lack of a "Spiritual Paradise". Once a supposed "clean-up" is done, there are still problems, so the next "clean-up" begins.

I can't speak for your situation, your background, or your aggressiveness, but when an accusation came my way, I pulled out all the stops. I made it quite clear who had done what for the Society and that no one else that spoke against me came close to the sacrifices I'd made. Not even the CO could stand up to my counter-arguements, BTW the loser is no longer a CO now.

Sometimes I can be a dude-bitch. How about you BF?

B the X

• mustang
    mustang

Yet another approach:

Leveraging off what Billy the X said, you could smile from ear-2-ear.

They would ask you why you are smiling.

You explain that it is obvious that "the fix is in" and this is a "railroad job" that defies the Holy Spirit.

Since you are getting rid of me, you are losing the valuable resource of a TRAINED, EXPERIENCED BROTHER that will take DECADES TO replace. You are doing that at the expense of a bunch of jealous liars that will quit in short order, anyway, because there are not enough men to satisfy them.

Do what you wish: I'm through.

And by the way, I turned down advances of the MARRIED sisters.

At that point, I would GET UP AND LEAVE!!!

As I have mentioned, I have been through a milder version of this: I was innocent, discounting the matter of "appearances". I never touched that sister and I did not lead her on. It came out OK in my direction. I was fortunate that I was vindicated. But when "the Blackbirds" came after me, it was apparent that the Holy Spirit had nothing to do with this: they were FISHING, bottom line.

BTW, Hilary Step earlier suggested "coming clean" and doing it for those sisters. Frankly, that won't help them. They are on the way to "crashing and burning" anyway.

Those brothers could be on the way to roto-rootering the Congregation, the Circuit, the District, the Branch and the Country.

Mustang

• yknot
    yknot
    And by the way, I turned down advances of the MARRIED sisters.

OMG!!!!

I spit out my morning caffeine when I read that line.

Mustang you are freakin' brilliant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit