I just came from my elder's meeting

by BonaFide 85 Replies latest jw friends

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I think it makes sense that he'd be "cutting loose" a little by now, I mean c'mon, c.o for so long, single, then finally getting chicks? He's a MAN!!!! And he DID stop it all the time. I'm not surpirsed these girls would be throwing themselves at him wither, hes a catch!!! (in the JW world, out here, your just another mess up ex-cult member)

• gymbob
    gymbob

If it was me, I'd tell them that it appears very obvious that the elders do not want you in the congregation any longer. Remind them of how far they have gone to try and find proof against you. Then, stop answering the phone when they call and stop going to meetings for a while, and make them feel like you have been hurt and stumbled by what they the elders have done to a innocent member of the congregation.

In the end though, if they have made up their minds that they don't want you around, you will be DF'd. Gymbob

• gymbob
    gymbob

Also, remind them of why there is a two witness rule!

• Mary
    Mary

If the story is legit, then it sounds as though the local bozos are trying to nail your ass to the wall and they're not going to stop until the get you. As for why these sisters have 'turned you in', that's not hard to figure out. With the ratio of 10 women to 1 guy the reality in the Borg, alot of women will do anything to land a hubby. When you don't propose marriage after one incident of grinding, well........we all know that Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

What I'd like to know is: are these women also going to be df'd for 'grinding' or 'loose conduct', or is that reserved only for you?

• Gopher
    Gopher
    What I'd like to know is: are these women also going to be df'd for 'grinding' or 'loose conduct', or is that reserved only for you?

The elders will probably favor those who confess first - supposedly that's displaying more of a repentant attitude. The saying goes -- you don't get DF'd for your sin but for your attitude.

Of course, the elders are the best judges of attitude. Right?

• yknot
    yknot

I am sorry Bonafide....

Sounds like somebody wants you gone......

The thought that two woman making a complaint on two separate occassions doesn't make for a 2 witness rule. There must be two witnesses per occurance (this is how they denounce molestation victim, even if a second victim describes a second similar account).

The insinuation of a full investigation usually is just a scare tactic to sweat you out, but if in fact they do start calling people (esp foreign territory) then you are assured this is politically motivated and means your appeal will be denied.

Start seeking emotional support from your family and friends NOW....tell your side of the story to anyone who will listen. Tell them how you are shocked that such things can be happening to you in Jehovah's organization, that you know the Devil must be behind all of this, that the Ex surely is possessed by a demon increasing her jealousy........

One of the things that happens during an investigation is that the accused forgets there are strenght in numbers, the more sympathetic allies you can gain the better this way less are willing to speak against you & if you are DFd they will still talk to you when Elder's aren't around. Sometimes their outcry of political machinations is enough to pressure the Elders to change the verdict.

One final option......and it is dramatic.... is to publically DA yourself at a meeting by standing up and making a brief speech regarding the false accusation, the feelings of being railroaded, and the sadness that some have allowed jealously and insecurities to cause you to stumble. You are extrememly saddened and yes spiritual downtrodden by these events and feel that you can bear the shameful and unjust labeling of disfellowshippment when are an innocent man. Ask the congregation to forgive you and pray for all involved......but until the holy spirit can prevail you must remove yourself from these unChristian influences.....Also fire off a letter to HQ outlining the judicial persecution, including the lies of two witnesses......assure HQ you know that these are the actions of individual men and not the organization as a whole. You look forward to the day such actions are resolve in a fair and balanced manner. Again cite the below WT article.

Review the Sept 15, 1995 WT, page 14 under the heading "Love Conquers Improper Jealousy"

Praying for you.......Yknot.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i don't know, but

you either: kiss butt, or fire away.

like I said before, what are your ties (family wise?) to the org?

• Observer17
    Observer17

Hi Bonifide,

I just sent you a PM. Please check your private message box.

Thanks,

Observer

• Mary
    Mary

If they insist on DF'ing you, I wouldn't hesitate to accuse one of the elders on your JC of making sexual advances towards you. Few things in the Organization are worse than a married elder being accused of homosexual tendencies.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh jesus christ, act like a man. None of this "the woman you gave me lord, she gave me the fruit" crap. If you don't want to talk about your sex life to the elders, tell them to fuck off and leave that crappy organization. Go have sex with less screwed up women. There's nothing wrong with sex, but setting up situations where you can be sexual and blame the other person, that's sophomoric.

Oh yes, Hi, welcome to the JWD forum. First thread of yours I've seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit