I just came from my elder's meeting

by BonaFide 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

As I heard it said on a radio show,

you're going to be too young for Medicare, and too old for co-eds to care.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

What Texman said

+1000

• Satanus
    Satanus

I would think that the sises would have been happy to have recieved an interchange of encouragement, like that. But, as you say, they often get negative about it afterwards. The wt corp should award you one of those crown and cross clips to wear on your suit, as a medal for going above and beyond the call of co duties. Hope the case against you falls apart.

S

• Gopher
    Gopher

I was DF'd mainly on the accusation from one person. They used the charge of "lying" against me when they couldn't get the goods on me. That's what it sounds like they're trying to do to you. If I had it to do over again them, I'd have told them "you can't fire me -- I quit!"

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

You might be free of the WTS grip in many ways, but the girls, and I note the plural, who are lining up to take swings at you are not. For their sakes, tell the truth and take your stripes, as your story seems to have more blame than responsiblity attached to it, and well as a few holes where facts should sit.

By denying that anything happened, which obviously in WTS terms it did, you are prolonging their agony too.

Be a man and do the decent thing.

HS

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This sounds like a witch hunt. It seems to me you have two options, either stay in or leave. If you want to stay then contact Mr. Flipper to see how he got his df'ing reversed. As a matter of fact, I'll start a new thread to attract his attention to your situation. If you want to leave, then use this railroading as a good excuse with your family for a fade. Then use a form of Doc Bob's letter to hopefully keep yourself from getting df'd. It is found here: http://www.docbob.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6

Good luck to you. Think long and hard whether you want to remain in this organization. Even if you get out of this scrape, there's no guarantee that another one won't come along.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wife, and I messed around before marriage.

If you're going to "grind" might as well do the whole thing!

anyway, I have lots of family in this hell of an org.

do you have ties?.... if not, then just leave........ you're better off now, before marriage

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

PM for you.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Sure seems like a witch-hunt to me. They already have their minds made up that you are sexually deviant and predator to the sisters. I wouldn't be surprised if they just disfellowship you on a hunch or make it known to the congregation (rumors) that you are marked. This would be a good time to bow out (disassociate) on grounds that they display a unloving and haughty attitude.

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- Sorry to hear you are going through this. However it certainly does not help your case when other witness women are coming out of the woodwork saying they made out with you, or whatever you did. Also- the fact that you were a circuit overseer is going to put a big fat bullseye right on your back - and the elders will try to make an example of you. You have to decide what you want to do. Do you want to stay in the witnesses? If so- you will probably have to eat humble pie and talk about all the alleged " dalliances " with other sisters. If you don't care and don't want to be a witness - then just fade away , don't tell them anything because the elders have no hold on your life anyway. If you stop going to meetings - you can fade and start a new life . I'm afraid with all the so-called " evidence " against you - at least women coming out from everywhere the odds don't look good if you try to stand up to the elders and fight it. I'm just being straight up with you. Good luck, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit