How Many Are From The South (USA)?

by snowbird 104 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I've been away from the forum for a couple of days and got called back to this thread through a pm. I didn't know we had so many southerners around here!

Dinah, call me!

FHN:

Yes, I am southern. I speak with a milder southern accent, until I get on the phone with a southerner. Then it cranks into high gear.

and to my post she responded:

No wonder you are so cool.

Well darling, aren't you sweet. No wonder I find you so fetchingly cool too!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Hi Y'all!

Skeeter

• Mandette
    Mandette

I've lived in Michigan(BRR) all my life...but my Mom is a transplanted southerner.......her side of the family goes back to colonial times in the North Carolina area. We have family records that are just fascinating.....

I ADORE southern food....my tea MUST be sweetened with lemon....and I can talk southern with the best of them(absorbed from maahh Mama).

Mandette

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey Skeeter Gal, where ya been?

It's good to get to know you, Mandette.

Witness Girl, I like you. I really do.

This is a cool thread.

Sylvia

• Honesty
    Honesty

Anyone from South Carolina? Originally from Spartanburg

Can you speak Gullah or Geechee? Somewhat. Better with Patois due to where I once stayed (Jamaica's North Coast).

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Hi Snowbird,

Skeeter has been running faster than an August hurricane, and drinking a few Sangrias along the way to keep cool. Job, kids, job, kids, and a few ex-JW things to boot.

The worst part is that I'm trying to learn a new computer program. It's hard to fit in..

I've also been busy dealing with family members who are still in the cult. My family members who are still "in" think that I am a "know-it-all". Despite showing them countless scores of Watchtower lies, they take it as a personal offense. They said that they are "not stupid" for being in the Craptower. It's like, the more I push, them more they run. The one family member who is a fader does not run as fast...she just listens, keeps quiet. But, I usually try to bring out her individual talents and smarts. Anyway, another poster said that Steve Hassan warns to keep building up the individual. So, I'm about to read Steve Hassan's book. I need wise counsel on how to deal with family members. Steve's book sounds like a winner that I wish I would have already read.

Keeping my legs from sticking to the vinyl seat covers,

Skeeter.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I was born in Louisiana; part Cajun on my mother's side. I speak the language. I now live in Tallahassee, Florida.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Born and raised in uhiuh but I must have some Southern in me cuz I sure love the Allman Brothers...Woke up this mornin', had them Statesboro Blues...

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

American by birth.

Southern by the grace of God.

• dawg
    dawg

I thought this interesting..."Most of them did not believe it was cool to own slaves".

My family were abolitionists; who fought for the South...she's right as shown by the writings of Lee and many other Southerners that abhorred slavery.

I've always loved what could be considered "black culture"... I can't imagine this country without our brother's and sister of African lineage... what? No Temptations? No Otis Redding? And so many great leader in science and whatnot!

Our family that happens to be African in descent, are family just the same... I guarantee you, that almost all Southern Families feel the same, and every JW family does.

Man, I was a JW n the South... almost all JW's in the South are Black... That's the one thing I took from this bullshit, I was never a bigot.. thank God for that one blessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit