How Many Are From The South (USA)?

by snowbird 104 Replies latest jw friends

• ataloa
    ataloa

I live in the south, speak with a very noticeable southern accent, and I used to be a white girl until I started working in this southern sun. I imagine I could still win a white legs contest, though.

• changeling
  • undercover
    undercover

You mean the New Orlean's Ain'ts, doncha?

• Quandry
    Quandry

What, a southernor? I ain't one of those hicks! It is spelled southerner, actually. People in Houston are not hicks, but are certainly in the south. There are more than seventy consulates from other countries in the city. We are very international. It's O.K. It is a common misconception among ingorant people that all southerners are hicks. I am white and grew up in Mississippi O.K.- I will have to agree that there are hicks in Miss. I have tried hard to rid myself of the southern accent, but it sometimes sneaks out.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I live in Tampa Bay. I've been here since 83. I am Irish.

I was born in Cleveland Ohio.

People in Cleveland do not have accents.

As far as I can tell people in Tampa do not have accents.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

I live in West Virginia, which I consider south. I'm originally from upstate New York. I am told by some in my family that I have picked up some of the southern accent. They could be right. But people down here consider me a Yankee still.

I'm white, but love the blues. I once was told by a mexican in Pennsylvania that I was the whitest person he ever met. I don't know if he was talking about my complexion or my charactor.

• oompa
    oompa

why do want to know this Sylvia??....i am white...Southern.....and sound it a bit...but not twangy.....kinda cityfied southern....but if around rednecks...hail yeah....i can speak it......oompa

and will play freebird loud!

• dinah
    dinah

I'm in the South and I'm white (hubby says that's questionable ).

Oompa, you play Freebird LOUD, then I'll play Sweet Home Alabama LOUDER!

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

and will play freebird loud!

Ha Ha!

I used to love that song! After moving to West Virginia, I hate it. It's like a redneck theme song down here or something.

• dinah
    dinah

The first (and only) time I saw Lynrd Skynrd was memorable. People were waving rebel flags around. It was like waving a red cape at a mad bull (or cow as the case may be). Not good.

I hear ya, Free Bird, redneck anthem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit