How Many Are From The South (USA)?

by snowbird 104 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I talk to people from the south all the time at work ... my first question would have been,

Do you think higher education is passing the 6th grade? LOL ... I am in an odd mood (On vacation and leaving tomorrow!)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Free, look at the city statistic sites and you will find that college graduates are just as plentiful in the south as they are elsewhere. Difference is, they'll kick your a$$.

• free2beme
    free2beme

LOL. I have no doubt of that, but you just have to realize ... and Jeff Foxworthy put it so well ... the south might be full of geniuses, but those genius are not the ones on television speaking for you after national disasters, or any other major event. LOL I love the calls from the south though, "I just paid my bill last month, why did you send me another this month" or "I need to be able to get a call from all my children's daddies in prison." I have heard worse, I tell you!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I worked in a call center in KNoxville. Funny we thought the same thing about people from New York, New Jersey and California. Remember, the media likes to perpetutate misinformation. It keeps the country ignorant.

I remember Bret Butler, from Atlanta, mimicking a New Yorker who told her, "People in da sout sound so stupit."

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm currently in Fayetteville Arkansas. Is that non Yankee enough?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

People in Arkansas are so friendly.

I need to be able to get a call from all my children's daddies in prison." I have heard worse, I tell you!

There's a 32 year old girl in my budget class. She's not married. She's dating a man, not the father of her baby, who has six children by different women. She usually has big, purple hickies on her neck. He's on SSI and works three days a week. He's working a job under the table to earn the money to go visit all those children. They're all from Michigan. I asked her if it worried her that he would need to pay child support to six different women off such small income. She told me that he's a nice guy. Well, you see, it happens up north, too. It's a modern phenomenon. The girl is very sweet though and I hope that she will end up with someone more gainfully employed and with less children.

• free2beme
    free2beme

People in the south say we pronounce Oregon wrong. Keep in mind, I live here.

It is pronounced ORE-GUN (Easy way to remember, a lot of people here own GUNS)

They tell me it is pronounced OR-E-GAN - Ah no!!!

I talk to people from Jersey too, there is a an accent and worse yet ... some serious attitude.

Only state that truly is hard to talk to, on a consistent basis ... FLORIDA! ... as you always get "I can not here you, can you speak up" over and over again .... basically, old old people.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I figure it you're from Oregon, you know how to pronounce it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

free2, orguns are whut's in yur gut.

• hot mama
    hot mama

I'm from Oklahoma!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit