C/O's in the UK

by jookbeard 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free2think
    free2think
    And Anton Irons?

Yep last i heard Anton and Julia were still going strong on the CO circuit.

Welcome to JWD btw.

Does anyone remember Jerry Blanchard? He was so funny.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"Jeff Young rings a bell"

He was a very nice person.

Someone who really stands out in my mind is a district overseer in the late 80's. He had a very casual manner a bit of an east-end boy made good, very articulate and funny. Not much to go on I know, but does anyone know who I mean. I know I would recognise the name if I heard it, would really like to know what became of him.

• free2think
    free2think

Ted Wright was a sweetie too.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Oh yeah - Ted Wright!

We couldn't remember his surname - thanks Free2.

The 'Brian' that a couple have mentioned is Brian and Val SCOTT. V nice and friendly couple.

They were from Matlock in Derbyshire.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

David Bingham - thoroughly useless

Mike Sidler - think he only hung out with the elders and pioneers

Richard Cullen - reminded me of Michael Barrymore for some reason

Colin Conradie - from South Africa

Tony Tabner

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ah yes brian scott...

liked him...when he stayed we would sit up late and discuss philosophical stuff....estimation went way down when he sided with my jc who had wrongly df-ed me...bygones (sided with tony boyland who was my jc chairman and brians temporary co)

ernie...welcome.....how do you know??? ( if true i am amazed that someone or two worked this out as soon as the group got cancelled - this will test the en masse humility of cos)

mike read remarried a sis from my old cong who wanted to marry a circuit overseer...and who now doesnt like circuit work - or him much allegedly...tijkmo

clive pitman

terry armstrong - he was well liked - not

anton irons - how could i forget - said a prayer at my wedding - whenever he visited he got me to play the guitar solo from rod stewarts i was only joking.

does anyone in london know if donald wilson did any temporary co work there. i heard a rumour.

david bingham

peter chipperfield

keith baker...one morning during his visit i was the only one at the fs group..and then i had him for calls all aft..and he was staying with us

ronnie hunter did a good bit of temp work but never got the fulltime call cos of his age..he did a wedding i was at recently and used the making a good name scripture usually used at funerals. i thought oh no he's brought the wrong outline. i liked him tho ninja feels differently.

david craig

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Michael Spurr

Came to our hall and told us to knock off after meeting association, no more congregation football or swimming, no more BBQ's or parties. Then a few years later came back to really b**lock us for not doing anything as a congregation, he pointed out what the surrounding congregations were doing in their spare time and told us all how uplifting christian association was then told us that our hall has a reputation locally for being very unfriendly lol

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

tjkmo,

liked him...when he stayed we would sit up late and discuss philosophical stuff....estimation went way down when he sided with my jc who had wrongly df-ed me...bygones (sided with tony boyland who was my jc chairman and brians temporary co)

That is the problem. However 'nice' the CO's are, they are by definition fair weather friends. They will inevitably make decisions based on career not on compassion if these decisions have any public profile.

I once caught out a CO in a serious lie. He was terrified that the Branch would hear about it and begged me to remain silent about the matter. That he had lied was of little consequence to him, that people might know about it struck him with terror. Of course I did not report him, but that situation indicates the priorities at work in the average CO.

HS

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Devilsnok; sounds like your cong was a breeze, our weird cong under the leadership of the pompous twat Ted Sallows never done anything like that

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Pah my Congregation was soooo unfriendly, hard and harsh it was like Jehovah's Boot Camp

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit