C/O's in the UK

by jookbeard 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

My 2 least favourite was the arrogant, haughty, intellectual superior attitude of the twat Micheal Purbrick who thought It was a rather good idea to promote a view the I was not fit (or spiritual enough) to marry my first wife(I was an elders son FFS LOL!)

And the 2nd was the twat M Hogdson who during my fade cornered me at his visit to bombard me with questions if I thought that the WTS was the org that God is using on earth etc etc

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

mr majestic

Quietlyleaving,

Your avatar……is that who I think it is…??

yes prolly - lol - and who are you???

do I know you? btw I'm supposed to be travelling incognito - pm me if you know me or the lil one

ql

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

yes prolly - lol - and who are you???

QL

I’m Majestic…. AKA Jesus Christ…….(Tisk, eyes roll up in the air and around to the side)

Ain’t that the sweetest little picture…….

Will be sending you a PM……

• aniron
    aniron

Quite a few names mentioned I knew in my years as JW.
    Alan Stokes
    Richard Gillam
    Wilf Gregory
    Paul Presland
    Bob James
    Ron Drage
    Alister Campbell
    David Carter
    Dennis Green
    Noble Bowers
    Tom Lynch

Also brother from a local congregation - Keith Johnstone - was appointed a CO, went to Middlesborough area,only lasted about couple of years, then his wife got pregnant.

Rumour had it that he found some things out that were going on and wanted a way out.

• Superslave
    Superslave

Michael Purbrick- Liar and an arsehole. Some idiot came after him? His wife I think was called Sally. Claimed that being in the Borg was better than his university education...him & Purbrick where sucked up each other sooo tight.

Alan Stokes. - Lovely man.

Ian shanks- Funny guy.

Who was the guy who was like the comedian Jasper Carrot?

Can't remember any others they were not worth remembering.

I hate the way people would suck up tp COs like they were Jesus. Running around like crazy people just to suck up to some bloke in a suit. Damn I'm sooo glad I'm out!!!!

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Bttt

Good to remember the strange guys

Anyone hear of Ray Shah?? these days....always thought he might go apostate

• ninja
    ninja

sorry tijj ...didn't see your post regarding ronnie hunter.....btw....what makes you think I don't like the wee cultic dwarf?....he he....p.s ronnie if you ever waken up and read this.....thrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppp

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Some interesting names on this list. Like a trip down memory lane.

The only CO I really rated, as he could be both an engaging speaker and was human off the platform (at least, back when I met him), was Michael Spurr, and that was many years ago. Don't even know if he's still alive these days. Oh, and Anton Irons was ok too.

The two pretty much universal opinions I've heard is that Purbrick was a git and Stokes was great. Can't comment on the latter as I've never seen/met him.

Most of the other COs I've known could perhaps be either a good public speaker but not warm off the platform, or friendly in person but not very captivating or persuasive in their talks, but rarely ever both. And some were no good at either, just company men who were there to tick boxes like some kind of regional sales auditor.

I suspect most listed here are 'retired' or even deceased by now.
    Who are the current or more recent ones doing the rounds here in the UK, and what are they like?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've forgotten a lot of them. I only recall a few that I found odious company men.

I didn't get on with Richard Cullen, Ray Shah or some bloke that came after Shah......thinking of his name......................................................

Ah, was it Charldon Johnson? Nah, didn't like him.

I saw how they were at Elders Meetings(tm) and how smarmy they were with the R&F(tm). Drinking up adulation.

It'd be hilarious if any of them were on here.

There were some that I did like.......but their names aren't emblazoned on my mind...mainly because I have blanked a lot of Jobot stuff out of my mind. Why should I remember that level of abuse?

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I left some items at a quick build that I had worked really hard on, located about thirty miles from me about 1986.

I went back to the hall after one of their first meetings to try and get my possessions back.

An elderly sister vaguely directed me to an enormous, overweight middle aged scruffy looking brother at the back of the hall, who she thought was in charge of lost property.

I approached him politely and asked him if he was the brother in charge of lost property after the quick build.

He looked at me with a scornful gaze and almost spat at me in a harsh Scottish accent: 'Lost Property!!! Laddie, I am THE CIRCUIT OVERSEER!!!'

What a to$$er!🤦‍♂️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit