I Received The Holy Spirit!

by Maddie 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good on you, Maddie.

I am not so quick to judge any-one's experience as I used to be. My sister has claimed experiences that I cannot explain outside of supernatural events, and many others have also. I am glad you are feeling better.

I am more skeptic than believer I suppose these days - but who I am I to make the call? I do believe that something has directed the human play and the human players at times.

Thank you for sharing.

Jeff

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

That must be a good experience. However, the Holy Spirit is not a kind of energy or an electric wave. The Holy Spirit is a personal being who has feelings (Rom. 15:30), who grieves (Eph. 4:30), who speaks (Rev. 2:7), who groans (Rom. 8:26), who intercedes (Rom. 8:26), who testifies about God (John 15:26), who teaches (John 14:26), who gives commands (Rom. 8:29), who keeps us from preaching in certain places (Acts 16:6-7), who thinks (Rom. 8:27), and who has been blasphemed (Matt. 12: 31-32).

John 14:26, NASB ?"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.?

The Holy Spirit is referred to as "He," meaning that the Holy Spirit is a personal being.

Matt. 28:19 ?"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"?

If the Holy Spirit was not a man with character, but merely an invisible, active power?like an electric wave, or energy?how would it be possible for the Holy Spirit to have a name? The fact that the Holy Spirit has a name proves that the Holy Spirit is a man, with character.

God commanded us to be baptized in the name of the Father, the name of the Son, and the name of the Holy Spirit, because He would administrate His salvation work with three names (of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit) according to each age. By calling out the three names through which God showed His authority, God’s prophets are to baptize people and commemorate God. God bless you Maddie.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    All I know is that I honestly sought God with all my heart and faith and he gave me help. I do not doubt that for a second.

Maddie

I'm so happy to hear that you've found relief from your grief and heartache.

God gives His Spirit generously to those who ask.

You are blessed among women.

Peace and love.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

This is for the naysayers.

From The Message Bible:

Acts 13: 40 -41 "Don't take this lightly. You don't want the prophet's sermon to describe you:

Watch out, cynics;
    Look hard—watch your world fall to pieces.
    I'm doing something right before your eyes
    That you won't believe, though it's staring you in the face."

Sylvia

• trevor
    trevor

Maddie

I am also pleased that you have found relief from your emotional pain. What you have experienced is known to psychotherapists as an ab-reaction. Reading a little about it on Google may help you avoid the pain returning.

Thank you to all those who have faith and are happy for me.

Those who are happy for you despite not sharing your faith are demonstrating unconditional empathy which is of no less value.

• BFD
    BFD

I am very happy for you, Maddie.

I hope you get your son and grand daughter back some day soon.

BFD

• sacolton
    sacolton

Peace, Maddie ...

I believe the Holy Spirit has touched you. Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I remember the first time I experienced it. It is an amazing thing! Do not let the negative comments stumble you. Your testimony is valid.

In Christ,

sacolton

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

For the believers:

Since then I feel protected and the terrible aching grief has gone from me.
    Then I envy you. You have something that I never will. I am truly, truly happy for you.

Why hasn't Big Tex received the Holy Spirit?

It's a free gift, right?

Isn't he believing hard enough?

Has he not found the right church?

Or is his grasp on reality just too firm?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I know there are many sceptics and atheists on JWD but it has been a truly beautiful and humbling experience for me and one that I am grateful to God for.

Maddie

Maddie, I am not a skeptic. I believe God does strengthen and uplift us through his spirit.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Why hasn't Big Tex received the Holy Spirit?

It's a free gift, right?

Isn't he believing hard enough?

Has he not found the right church?

Or is his grasp on reality just too firm?

This is something that Big Tex has to sort out for himself.

It's between God and the believer. The "right" church has nothing to do with it.

Maddie sums it up quite nicely:

I dont have any physical illness or pain but I struggle emotionally with quite a lot, especially the grief of being cut off entirely by my JW son and not seeing my dear little granddaughter now. Anyway I felt drawn to have prayer and humbly surrendered myself to God for the pain to be taken from me. As I stood there I began to tremble from head to toe literally. I knew that the Holy Spirit had touched me and it was amazing! Since then I feel protected and the terrible aching grief has gone from me.

I have 6 g'kids who vie with each other for weekend visits with me. One of them was assaulted on June 19; the pain and grief would have been unbearable were it not for Holy Spirit. I surrendered my will to that of God in the winter of 2005. Although I still have many anxieties and concerns, I know that He's never left me alone.

It's a liberating experience that can be had for the asking.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit