The elders came last night and i stood my NEW ground!!! be proud!

by New light for you 57 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
  • milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

Well Done I wish I had, had your courage instead I was forced to DA myself and still now people tell me I was DF'd so maybe it doesn't make any difference they still have a way of belittling you but no more for me. I have decided I can control how I feel about myself I do not need their approval!! My heart feels lighter already

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think that you said everything amazingly well despite being shaky...

I think husband will be proud of you.

I am quite surprised by their response to the df/da idea, since you told them what

you really believe.

Anyways, bet it feels good to finally get your say....

hope4others

• Blasty
    Blasty

Glad you stood your ground.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Wow...I'm so surprised they were encouraging you to just fade! Usually when Elders hear that you no longer believe it's the truth, they automatically start the JC process. It'll be interested to see what happens within the next few weeks.

Good for you for standing your ground!! Your hubby would be proud!!!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I may have missed this point, but is your husband a JW? And what do you think he will feel about the Elders calling you when he was gone. I'd be mad as 'hell' if they did that to my wife.

Outaservice

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

You can be glad that
    You have Lost your religion

It is sad that you had to lose all your "Friends"

Those poor guys ARE in a cult

But.............
    There is no need to lose your faith,
    if it is something that you wish to keep.

It is very traumatic what you're
    going through
    Talking, writing about it does help
    a great deal

Those here understand what you're going through
    Most of us have been through similar things

It will take time and effort
    until you reach the other side
    of this drama, but reach it you must.

Stay true to yourself
    Continue to think
    Continue to be rational

All will be well

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Daughter,

I have trained you well.. the force runs strong with you... you will now be a Jedi....(well, you're only about 750 posts to go)

You are no longer following the light pulled out of someones arse... there is NewLight4You!

Go in peace....

Congrats by the way... (My DA was announced 7 weeks after a very similar conversation with the elders) we'll see what happens!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes..Good job!....You will get the axe though..Guillotine 3...........And..Those people who were nice to you..Won`t have anything more to do with you..La La LaLa La La..............Your no longer a believer..All Praise..............................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I echo Awakened @ Gilead's thoughts. Congratulations on speaking up.

They will most likely announce you as no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses,
    totally based on what they viewed as a verbal disassociation in front of two elders.

I love this great example:

I told them that i completely disagree with the idea that your NOT supposed to investigate your own religion from the outside. i explained that any school i would send my kids to, even resturants have the "score" from the health department on the wall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit