The elders came last night and i stood my NEW ground!!! be proud!

by New light for you 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Dearest New,

I like your attitude. I am so proud of you to stand up to elders!!!

Women are treated as second class citizens in the WT org. At our

JC they talked only to my husband, it was if I was not there. When I

spoke up they answered me as if what I had to say was not important.

They also asked us "Where will you go?' We told them to Jesus as that

is what the scripture at John 14:6 tells us and the question is not "Where"

but "Who".God is real, but he is not the Jehovah of the Watchtower.

I will be praying that the "peace of God" will be with you in the coming

days when this all comes to a head. It is wonderful that you have your

husband with you. It is a lot easier than having them still in. So many

of my friends have JW husband who treat them like crap because they

are not JWs. You go girl. You can be part of the "Jezebelian spirit club"

(That is what some of the elders told my d-i-l that I had) That means

thinking for yourself, think. hee hee

Love and hugs,

Velta

You can find the transcript of our df at the bottom of our testimony on our website here: www.geocities.com/veliveleth

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

You did good honey. I know the old sweating and shaking thing...part of that with me was just RAGE inside of me I had to contain. And faced with the ignorance of the men sitting there in my living room. They didnt know their own history..didnt WANT to know and werent interested in knowing. Toeing the line and spewing the company pat answers was all they were interested in doing.

And as soon as I left...I was out of sight out of mind...even after 13 years of being a WT slave.

Good on ya sistah!

• dawg
    dawg

This part...

"I called the husband right away..... i told him everything i did, telling the elders off ... and his response? 'THATS HOT!!"

I really envy you, not for standing up to a group of idiots, but for having someone who loves you going through this with you...we that have no one get really lonely sometimes. I didn't even have the internet.

Good job my buddy, way to go.

• New light for you
    New light for you

thank you all for the encouragement!!!

and Dawg.....((((((((((((group hug)))))))))) we love ya man! Honestly i dont know HOW people did it before the internet. It would have to feel like you were the only one who felt that way, definately would have been much harder to go and would have had me questioning my doubts... but not now!!

Jehoba has given us the internet!!!! HALLALUJA!!!

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    Sorry this is so long, i needed to vent. Even though these elders were very supportive of letting me fade,even after all i said was amazing. I realize that they now are going to report back.. and we'll see how nice the WHOLE body is.

ANy ideas how it will go when they report back? I'm really ok with any outcome. i'm glad husband wasn't here because it gave me a chance to stand up for myself completely on my own. I kept going over "what will i say if i see them?" in my head, and i think i was prepared enough.

NFLY,

I hope they do let you fade if that is your desire. My dad and thier body are pretty liberal (regarding how they treat the congregation). He says that thier direction is to not chase anyone who is not actively coming ot the hall. He says they are directed NOT to be policemen of conscience. So, if your body follows this kind of reasoning, you should be able to let it fly. If you decided to return to the hall then that would be another story.

In the case of my dad, he has more of an issue with folks who profess JW tenants of morality and then flaunt them with immoral (in thier bible view) behavior. So, if you want to sleep around, leave the congregation and do as you see fit. I'd say this is SURELY NOT the norm. Most halls look to punish wrongdoing rather than to enforce god's laws. This is all my read on it.

Now how the CONGREGATION treats you is a whole 'nother ballgame! You cannot expect the brainless slaves of the WTS who insist on shunning anyone who doubts the smallest letter of "Truth" to still love you and talk to you. But if you are cool with that, then I think you are in the right place.

I hope it all goes relatively trouble free. Leave that old life in the past and revel in being a NORMAL person. I'm sure something like "The End" will come someday. Be satisfied with yourself and whatever relationship with whatever higher power you espouse.

-- Not Feeling It

One of my favorite passages:

Romans 12:14-18 (Amplified Bible)

Bless those who persecute you [who are cruel in their attitude toward you]; bless and do not curse them.

Rejoice with those who rejoice [sharing others' joy], and weep with those who weep [sharing others' grief].

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty (snobbish, high-minded, exclusive), but readily adjust yourself to [people, things] and give yourselves to humble tasks. Never overestimate yourself or be wise in your own conceits.

Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is honest and proper and noble [aiming to be above reproach] in the sight of everyone.

If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

• New light for you
    New light for you

Oh, and no husband is still out... i'm just a lonely housewife.... heehee....

but he was proud.. if you look back he posted on this thread (robert7)

• yknot
    yknot

The fact that they wanted you to become 'inactive' is very telling!.

I think you have some doubting Elders!

Again you did an amazing job WTG!!!

• oompa
    oompa

Noolite, what exactly were you wearing during this "encounter"? Were you so hot these elder "friends" of yours were basically begging you not to do the DA??? lol....they are not about to kick you out girl!!..................oompa

after all robert7 mentioned your hotness too

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    New light wrote: I said "do you think that the other religions just shoot people out of a cannon and preach to whomever they find when they land?

OMG!! That is too funny!!. I'm literally picking pieces of my lunch off my monitor. LOL

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Prov1320 wrote: And how many of us know that family studies DO NOT WORK. NOBODY ever takes them seriously, and it's rarely an upbuilding event. (Italics by Aude.)

Interesting that you made this comment.

Back in 1991, a domestic violence incident resulted in my youngest sibling being removed from my parents house and placed in protective care. (He was 10 and I eventually got custody of him.) It's all in the court papers that the activity that the family was doing before the incident was, yup, Family Bible Study. The police asked, "Oh, really. What religion are you?" My mom proudly announced: "We're Jehovah's Witnesses."

I was so humiliated. Already out of the house for over 10 years, this was still so disgraceful to me and horribly reproachful to Jehovah.

In private conversation with the police officers I said something trying to defend Jehovah's name and downplay any JW connection.

I was so surprised to hear their response. Something to the effect of: 'Do you have any idea of how many violent domestic disputes occur during or right after family bible studies? A lot. A whole lot.'

I increased my separation efforts from the WTS a few months later.

Sorry for the hijack. That comment just brought back a few old memories that I had forgotten about.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit