The elders came last night and i stood my NEW ground!!! be proud!

by New light for you 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Good for you NL!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good Job, NL4Y!

They basically told me NOT to DA, that there are groups of people that just dont attend that are "inactive" and i could do that.

I'm surprised at this. I wonder if they're hoping you'll change your mind. Or have they had a lot of DAs and/or DFs in the congregation that it's getting hard to ignore.

• flipper
    flipper

NEW LIGHT- You did a great job of expressing yourself to these mind controlled elders. Whether or not they will let you fade or see fit to disassociate you is all dependent on the general personality of the body of elders you are dealing with. If the body is liberal - and think mercy and love are important they will let you fade. If the body has some hard a$$ conservatives whose life ambitions are to be as rigid and firm as Ted Jaracz clones and retire as such - then they will be domineering in their decision and may perceive you as a " threat " and disassociate you based on your statement of " not believing the faithful slave is appointed by holy spirit. " So it's a crap shoot, a roll of the dice. But the main thing is you feel better about making your stand - and I'm sure that was empowering for you ! Hang in there ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jgnat
    jgnat

Woo hoo! That's my little tiger.

• New light for you
    New light for you

for some reason i'm having a hard time replying.....

but I remembered that while the elders were talking about how "who else is doing the preaching work? who else is dispensing the proper food at the proper time?" i told them.... you're setting up the questions! of course you have the answers, i dont know if you have the right questions!

I'm so spunky now! i cant believe i didn't just sit and cry, i know its thanks to all the knowledge and support from this site.

thank you!

• cawshun
    cawshun

Good for you! I love it when one stands up to the elder's and informs them of the facts. Maybe something you said will OPEN their eye's or make them think.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one
    i told them.... you're setting up the questions! of course you have the answers, i dont know if you have the right questions!

This observation is brilliant and fundamental

Congratulations on your courage and your clarity, I think the way you handled this was absolutely awesome. Regardless of what happens next, you've surely left those guys scratching their heads and wondering which way is up. Freedom to think what you want and say what you think is so empowering; I'm not surprised you feel spunky and brave and alive, because you ARE all those things!

Beautiful job all around, and a strong, powerful example to set for your kids as well

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Good job on standing up for yourself! And good on them for being good guys. There is hope for them-even if they 'report' you to the body (their 'duty') I am glad they were decent to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit