The elders came last night and i stood my NEW ground!!! be proud!

by New light for you 57 Replies latest jw friends

• New light for you
    New light for you

Ok, you asked for it! the reasons the y gave me for the new arrangement being wonderfully guided yadda yadda......

#1. bookstudy is NOT done away with, it's just condenced into the other meeting, because that info IS important.

#2 was we thought that it would be important to have bookstudy arrangements in the end, but now it seems the most important issue is family. They give you this meeting night off to make SURE you have time for family study.

#3 the sheparding and field servie will STILL be broken down into "bookstudy" smaller arrangements.

oh ya, and #4 then only ONE brother has to prepare for bookstudy instead of 6 or so, so it takes a burden off them as well.

Yadda yadda wahtever. At least i can give you the "SUPPOSESED" reasoning they're giving out.. fresh in my mind.

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

Interesting reasoning. It is exactly the opposite of the famous words of Spock: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one".... Here we have "the needs of the FEW outweigh the needs of the REST"...

sheesh.. poor 6 brothers who have to prepare for the bookstudy! That is total BS. When I conducted a book study, there was no more preparation than the effort of a regular publisher studying. And that's because we supposedly we're adept at conducting, so no real special preperation was required. PERIOD.

Also, what truly astounds me is that all the attention that individual flock members received is now forever LOST. Those who were timid and shy would only participate in small groups... They felt that THIS was their FAMILY. And now the family has been taken away and those rank and file will fade into the audience, never to put up their hand up again.... How considerate of the WTS!

And how many of us know that family studies DO NOT WORK. NOBODY ever takes them seriously, and it's rarely an upbuilding event.

The WTS has shot themselves in the foot, imo.

Prov.

• calico
    calico
    Also, what truly astounds me is that all the attention that individual flock members received is now forever LOST. Those who were timid and shy would only participate in small groups... They felt that THIS was their FAMILY. And now the family has been taken away and those rank and file will fade into the audience, never to put up their hand up again.... How considerate of the WTS!

I knew many who would answer at the bookstudy but never at the KH!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Back in the "Day"..The book studies were a cornerstone in any JW`s life.....There was reason to keep them separate from the other meetings!....They were your life line to the WBT$,once the government started attacking Jehovah`s Witness`s..And..You could no longer attend a Kingdom Hall.As that would be OUTLAWED!!..........Now that "all important meeting",The Book Study.Is no longer sooooooo important..Neither is 1975..Or..The Generation of 1914."The Generation that would Not pass away!".....It`s not really surprising though.None of it was important to begin with.................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

NL4U

That was a fantastic story…..Isn’t it frustrating when you put the evidence in front of them and they pick on some lame reasoning not to admit what you have just said was true…..

I hope that the chaps that saw you keep to their word and just leave you in peace now. It’s not as if you have enough on you plate right now.

Thought you did fantastically well BTW. Not easy taking on two elders while your husband is out of town……..

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

New Light - you should be very proud of yourself! You did very well!

I am still NOT proud of people who gang up on a person - solo - while they are two or three - or even more. That is unfair. I hope that if it ever happens to me, I will have enough forethought to tell them that I will only allow one of them to speak - the others must remain silent... or else I should be allowed to bring in as many others as they have - one might just be a lawyer.

They always do the two or three people thing - so that while one is engaging you - the others can be preparing to speak. Totally unfair. It can be very exhausting - and they know it.

Again - You did good!

Regards,

Jim TX

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Well done!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for sharing that, NLFY.

What you did was very difficult. But in the end it will be best.

These guys may wish to treat you nicely over the matter of your statements to them. For now! It will not last, and likely they will ask you to DA. My guess would be that they will wait for the CO to visit before they do so. I noted that my spineless BOE were not willing to make the confrontation until each visit of the CO prompted them to 'take some action'. At least I assumed that to be the case based on the timing.

Either way, you realize that it is over anyway. This openness will be positive for you I think. BTW - how did the kids react? Were they old enough to understand the situation?

Jeff

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Great work!

Being true to yourself is good for the soul - enjoy your freedom.

Sam

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Is your husband back in town? How does he feel about the uninvited visit while he was away?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit