The elders came last night and i stood my NEW ground!!! be proud!

by New light for you 57 Replies latest jw friends

• New light for you
    New light for you

as to OUTASERVICE.... my husband is "robert7".. he left about 3months before me... during those 3 months we were surely getting divorced, then i read COC..the rest is history!

I called the husband right away..... i told him everything i did, telling the elders off ... and his response? 'THATS HOT!!"

• Robert7
    Robert7

Newlight's husband here... and I was SO proud to find out about all this! She showed more integrity than I could have. I probably would have taken the 'below the radar' approach, and just weaseled my way thru just to make them happy and leave me alone.

So this is good, although I doubt this is the end of it. If they tell the other elders anything about this, they may push for a JC meeting, or just announce our DA. Either way, we're in control here, and we have nothing to lose.

Freedom!

• Robert7
    Robert7
    i told him everything i did, telling the elders off ... and his response? 'THATS HOT!!"

Yes, that's what I said. And if I wasn't 1000 miles away on business, I would have congratulated her appropriately...

• undercover
    undercover

Good job of handling the situtaion...

Though I do think it's sneaky of them to show up when your husband isn't around

One thing you said though:

They basically told me NOT to DA, that there are groups of people that just dont attend that are "inactive" and i could do that. I told them the difference with someone "inactive" is that they still believe it's the truth, and i DO NOT. they still were supportive of letting me fade, which is amazing. They did say several times that you cant be on the fence though.

That's not always the case...many of us have just faded away, never to return. We're not officially DFd or DAd, we're listed as "inactive" but that doesn't mean we still believe. I don't believe but I also chose not to play their games anymore so I quietly left.

I'm starting to realize just how many people in my area are in the same boat as me...just left, ain't comin' back and don't believe the BS anymore. They didn't make a statement with DAing themselves, they just quit. I bet there are many more than we realize that are closet "apostates".

The elders that I knew were sort of like yours, sounds like. I raised some of the same issues you did. Instead of trying to answer my questions they quietly dropped the matter and avoided me as much as I avoided the KH. I think they knew it was best to just let me fade away. Which just goes to show, depending on your individual situation, one can fade with little difficulty or one can be harrassed until forced out by DFing or DAing.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    depending on your individual situation

Actually I think it's quite subjective of the BOE....

But being DA is not bad... like R7 said: FREEDOM!!!!!

• oompa
    oompa

Funny they mentioned to read the Proclaimers Book....they need to themselves as it will help them get there dates in order of when BS actually was supposed to have happened. I hate it when the elders can't get their own crap straight! You might should have asked them to show YOU their understanding on dates in the book...that could have been funny.........good luck girl..........oompa

• changeling
    changeling

Wow! Gutsy move there, darlin! Good for you!

On the point of JW's being the first to arrive in a disaster, you can tell them that you have a friend from Louisiana who lived through Katrina and the first trucks to arrive with help were from Walmart! LOL Also, tell them the relief effort was in part organized from her home and that she saw first hand how frustrated the brothers got with how slowly the repairs got under way. Those who dealt directly with their insurance companies instead of waiting on the brothers had their homes repaired faster.

changeling :)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    4. .....They kept talking aobut how "YOU KNOW ITS JEH's DIRECTION because of all the wonderful clean up efforts after disasters, how the redcross comes in AFTER the witnesses.. and finds witnesses to know whats going on. about how we rebuild brothers houses at no cost to the brothers"... therefore, i had to bring up the cult issue. Of COURSE people in a cult take care of each other- that's why they feel special and stay in.

It is an urban legend that the Red Cross comes to the Witnesses to know what's going on.
    That is ridiculous. The JW's do not know more than their little world in a disaster zone.
    The authorities know much more. I am sure that the Red Cross consulted with all the
    larger groups that were organized in disaster areas, so the JW's felt like they were specially
    targeted.

Also, it is true that there are wonderful clean up efforts and that there is no cost financially
    to the brothers. I love your answer that "Of COURSE people in a cult take care of each other-
    that's why they feel special and stay in." I just want to add to it.

It's a shame that the organization stepped in and warped the good efforts of the individuals.
    For Katrina, you had to work through your regional building committee and be approved to
    help. If you could swing a hammer or carry a load, but didn't qualify to carry a microphone at
    the home congregation, they didn't want your help. If you wanted to give to the cause, they
    insisted that you stop labeling your money for that cause and just bulk up the worldwide work
    fund. "We will decide how to use your money to best help people."

WTS has discovered that disasters are a way to take advantage of good-hearted members and
    profit from them. TRUE- no costs to the poor brothers, so they do take care of their own, but
    how much better to keep the organization's pockets out of it? Typical bureaucrats.

• changeling
    changeling

I will say that the Red Cross was late in arriving after Katrina. But that's their problem and has nothing to do with the WT.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what were the 4 points they had regarding the change in the book study arrangement?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit