What JW teaching did you find hardest to defend??

by karter 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandary
    Quandary

7 times = 2,520 years= 607BC to 1914CE- Utter NONSENSE!

Prohibition of blood transfusions to save life, Jesus shed his blood to give life, how can using blood to save life be wrong?? CRIMINAL

Majority of the book of Revelation's symbolism applying to a group of men in 1918-1919- CRAP!!

Jesus was referring to a small group of men in 1918 when he spoke of a Faithful & Discreet Slave (singular)- RIDICULOUS!

We don't have a "clergy" and "laity". COs,DOs, Publishers????? WE DO have a class separation! Why deny it?? MISLEADING!

99% of the world's population will die at Armageddon! HATEFUL!

Actually their theology in general is too weird to explain in a rational way!!

Q

• Dagney
    Dagney

From a teaching standpoint, without a doubt for me, 1914, times, 2,520/1260 years...blah blah blah...it is such an unbelievable stretch, it's laughable.

The blood issue was most difficult for me to defend, and holidays/higher education.

Goodness, it is such a good feeling to be free from this ridiculous dogma.

• justhuman
    justhuman

1.The slaughtering of the billions of humans in Armageddon

2. Blood issue

3. Military service, and specially in a country that suffered a brudal invation, genocide, and war crimes by a muslim country

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The teaching that children and babies of wordly people would be destroyed at Armageddon.

Plus the idea that we are not allowed to read apostate material or talk to people who have left the organisation.

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

"For me it was that God is killing billions of people just to prove a point."

Totally, I didnt choose this life.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    1260 days. Cedar Point, Ohio? WTF!?

LOL.....

Yeah….That was one of my favourites.

The other one that I really found a problem with was the interpretation of the 2300 evenings and mornings. This started with a Watchtower article ‘June 1 1938’ and finished on ‘October 8/15 1944’, although there was a convention a few days before then on September 30 and October 1 1944. So the bible got the amount of days slightly wrong because in practice it was only 2293/2286 evenings and mornings….Mmmmmmmm…….

• White Dove
    White Dove

I couldn't defend any of the holidays or the hippocritical stand at the door: Read mine but I won't read yours.

The stake v. cross was another impossible one to prove because it was my Bible against theirs. No proof.

Those were the hardest.

• donny
    donny

The selction of the Society as the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" in 1919 and the closing of heaven in 1935.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was "in" my whole life and never even heard of some of this.

I guess I was born later and didn't get fed the same "truth" as others.

I don't remember the selection in 1918 but do remember wondering what 1918 and 1919 meant.

I was pretty much bored with the whole thing save for the resurrection and living through Armageddon.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    1260 days. Cedar Point, Ohio? WTF!?

Long before I had an inkling of apostasy, when I was a devout MS - I was known by some for my disbelief in the interpretation of this time period in Daniel 12. The angel specifically said that Daniel would rise up at the end of this time period. Well, the WT interpretation was that it pointed to the Cedar Point Ohio convention, and the 1335 days ended with the printing of a watchtower. Um, don't they print those every 2 weeks?

Yes, that one for me too! As well as all the trumpet blasts in Revelation being fulfilled by WT articles in the 1930's. WTF indeed?! You're Crazy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit