What JW teaching did you find hardest to defend??

by karter 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Jesus said he was coming as a thief in the night, unexpectedly. The watchtower says, that ain't so! he came 1914! /sarcasm

• White Dove
    White Dove

I still get this and can't defend it: JW's believe in Jesus and accept him as their savior.

I think JW's view Jehovah as their savior in that he used Jesus to accomplish it.

I can't defend it.

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

Yeah, this one really hurt the most. I dont have time right now but have I got a story to tell about what happened to 20 teenagers in my congregation.

Expecting people so young to follow rules and doctrine, that they dont understand because life hasnt had time to teach them anything yet and punishing them so harshly for faltering, ooh, still hurt to think about it.

DJ_Q

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Someone posted that non jw christians are all idol worshippers so have gods condemnation. Dictionary explanation of an idol, "Someone(or thing) adored blindly or excessively" Gov body of jws don't fit this???

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

very good point!

• Sway
    Sway

Pretty much all the above postings. I just found the hypocrisy unbearable after a while. I remember reading about Beth Sarim, the mansion Rutherford built, I think in San Diego? They tried to rationalize it by saying that certain prophets were going to come back to life and would need some digs to stay in. Man what a bunch of crap. I regret every penny I gave the WT, and every minute I wasted with that cult.

• beerose
    beerose

I never had to defend,but I used to defend the JW's when people would tell me they didn't believe in christ.I read somewhere,don't remember where it was awhile ago,that the wedding band was a symbol of slavery in other culture's!Could this be why they allow the rings? Thanksgiving is a time when houses are full of familys,perfect time for FS! And could it be the reason they keep woman in dresses,is because it is easier for the sicko's to get to the little girls unnoticed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit