What JW teaching did you find hardest to defend??

by karter 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

For me it was that God is killing billions of people just to prove a point. What about you?

• *summer*
    *summer*

Faithful Discreet Slave!!!

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I never understood why a birthday celebration is considered as idolatry, but fawning over the Circuit Overseer isn't.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

That co issue really bothers me also. I remember when I went to meetings in the 70's we had to go to second hand stores to buy clothes for meetings. When the co was at the hall for a visit it was announced that he needed a new car, and my stupid husband opened his wallet to give his contribution. CO first family second. I never understood why they don't work. He just received a thank you note and I am demanding a receipt for income tax purposes. I have their phone number and if he doesn't get it I will call them. Don't live off the retirement of others. I thought the bible said if you don't work you don't eat. They get the cash and don't pay tax. Render to Ceasar the things that are Ceasar's and god the things that are gods. Do they get all of their money from congregations or does the wts support them?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I remember being at a door in service with my dad, and him being offered religious literature by the householder. He told him flat-out he couldn't accept it. I could never justify the hypocrisy in expecting others to examine their religion, while not being willing to do the same.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

1914 and the blood issue

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Only the part they taught having to do with Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. Oh, and all the stuff that isn't to be found in between.

RE

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

alot of stuff is pretty easily provable and cut and dry

but to my non-jw gf at the time, the archangel thing was a bit ridiculous.

and some of the revelation interps were a bit rough too.

otherwise, pretty much common sense

• 10p
    10p

1260 days. Cedar Point, Ohio? WTF!?

Long before I had an inkling of apostasy, when I was a devout MS - I was known by some for my disbelief in the interpretation of this time period in Daniel 12. The angel specifically said that Daniel would rise up at the end of this time period. Well, the WT interpretation was that it pointed to the Cedar Point Ohio convention, and the 1335 days ended with the printing of a watchtower. Um, don't they print those every 2 weeks?

• avishai
    avishai

Common sense how, Solace? Like, for instance, how would a JW answer that if we are created to be "perfect", no disease in the world, etc. why is so much of our body made up of immune systems? How is it "common sense" to explain to a mother who's child has just died because of lack of vaccination, organ transplant, that he could have been saved now because that was "old light?" How is it common sense to cover your Omnipotent "God's" ass, by a FDS on down cover up of child molesting instead of protecting kids? Common sense, my ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit