~ Just found out that my dad has died ~

by FlyingHighNow 122 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

I'm really enjoying seeing the pics of your family, FHN. It is just so difficult to get an accurate idea of the people you are discussing without seeing them.

Thank you for sharing them

I couldn't agree more with the quote above ! I see your brother Cory was about my age.. . how tragic that must have been

for you as a very young girl about 16 or 17 I think .( I remember your Shannon song reference to him )anyway as I have

said before it seems your life is so filled with tragedy. But you always weather the storm .You are a good and strong woman !

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.- Leo Buscaglia

I've used this quote twice today but it's that good !

A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle

May God comfort and bless you this day

Caliber

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Keep it together.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.- Leo Buscaglia

I've used this quote twice today but it's that good !

Thank you. It's a good quote and I live by the same philosophy. I figured it out by the kindness that was shown to me by more than one school teacher and two dancing teachers I had as a child. I try never to miss an opportunity to uplift. Except for a very occasional day when I am feeling irritable, I try to apply that philosophy here on the internet as well.

I decided to call off work. Something I never do. I am going to go rest some more. I'm exhausted from insomnia.

• caliber
    caliber

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=99pj6Wmkz4E&feature=related

The printed words make the song even more powerful.

Caliber

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hi, Caliber, did you notice that I posted the link to the same song above you? I love the song. When I first listened to it, I had been trying to get physical custody of Mickey, my grandson. We finally got him out of the safe home. He was in pitiful condition emotionally and it was heartbreaking, but still, we felt victorious and the song brought us all so much joy as we attended the Episcopal Church together. Then Andy had his wreck and breakdown and Connecticut would no longer allow Mickey to stay with us. He was very upset about leaving us. And I generally cannot think about the pain and sadness he must have felt and still feels. When I hear the song now, it allows me to cry because for the brief minutes the song plays, I can feel Mickey's pain.

Last night when I listened to it, I could feel the loss of my father.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm so sorry for your loss.

W

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

FHN (Heather),

I'm sorry to hear of your loss... I'm so fresh out of JWs I'm not sure how to deal with loss anymore since my whole belief system went out the window... I can only think kind, consoling thoughts towards you.

Lance

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

So sorry to hear your news FHN

Paul

• wednesday
    wednesday

FHN i ma so glad you were able to cry. I know it does not reverse anything, but sort of cleanses your soul a bit. I have never read what crying acting does, but it must release some endorphins . Sometimes people go for years after someone death and they cannot cry. I believe it is a bit like being too tired to sleep, one can be in such sorrow they cannot cry. Sometimes ptsd develops this way.

ONLY TIME ENYA

I see your brother.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-xt1lgBgd7c&feature=related

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss... I'm so fresh out of JWs I'm not sure how to deal with loss anymore since my whole belief system went out the window... I can only think kind, consoling thoughts towards you.

I understand. I sort of drifted after I left. I was not a JW until I was in my late teens. I longed for the spirituality I enjoyed as a child. I have returned to it. I hope you find something that helps you along your spiritual journey.

ONLY TIME ENYA

I see your brother.

You know, Mickey loved Only Time. He requested it be the first song we put on his "green CD". So it will also work. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit