~ Just found out that my dad has died ~

by FlyingHighNow 122 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

ONLY TIME ENYA

I see your brother.

Ohhh, I see, you mean the actor from Lord of the Rings. Thank you.

• Robdar
    Robdar

FHN, I know I haven't any words that can help the grief you are feeling. I think that sometimes it is better to be silent and let your friend talk through their pain. I am pming my telephone number to you. If you wish, you can call me and I will call you right back so it will be on my dime.

Much love to you.

Robyn

• amicus
    amicus
    This was not too long before Cory was to die in a vehicle accident

I haven't lost a sibling yet. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that was for you.

When my dad passed, my siblings and I were together. We spent the next few days playing his favourite music and telling "Remember when Dad did this?" stories.

I bet if Cory were still with us, he'd want to be with you right now, and my guess is he loved music as much as you do.

You can't share the music and stories with Cory, but you can with us.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Robyn, thank you. I might do that later. I have an appoitment at 7 tonight.

Thank you, Amicus. That is a good way to look at things. Cory always shared music with me. The unusual and unique. During the summer of 1970, he and my brother David were determined to steer me away from The Jackson Five. They introduced me to Grand Funk Railroad, who were still good at the time, Black Sabbath, Mountain, Edgar and Johnny Winter. Later Cory played Lather by Jeffereson Airplane and Celluloid Heroes by the Kinks for me. He loved Tennessee Stud from Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Circl LP. He'd sing it like Johnny Winter.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Dear dear Chris, what sad news. I am sure that everyone has expressed their feelings. I have this little saying I thought you would enjoy.

altMay you be blessed with calmness of spirit and the love of God will direct your foot steps during this trailsome time.

my deepest condalences
    Terry
    Orangefatcat

The Little Things

It will be the little things
    that you will remember,
    the quiet moments,
    the smiles, the laughter.
    And although it may seem
    hard right now,
    it will be the memories
    of these little things
    that help to push
    away the pain
    and bring the smiles
    back again.

I hope that you draw comfort from the closeness you shared with your father. I am so lost for words at this time, but believe I know who much you are aching right now. Stay close to your friends and those who can support you. It is sad with JWs families treat family as if we were dead.

May God give to you the strength to endure this trailsome time. Blessings to you always

love Orangefatcat

Terry Dranitsaris.

• amicus
    amicus
    Mountain,

Heh, is this the point when I link Leslie West and Mountain's "Missippi Queen"?

You and your brothers tastes in music were in sync with ours. The Winter brothers were always a blast in concert. What were some of your favourites?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Winter Brothers in concert: I went to see Johnny in 74 and Edgar showed up. I love Johnny's version of Good Mornin' Little School Girl and Jumpin Jack Flash. I love Edgar Winter's White Trash LP. Dying to Live and Fly Away and We All Had A Real Good Time were very good. I have the MP3's. Cory played slide and blues guitar like Johnny. He was very inspired by him.

• Open mind
    Open mind

So sorry to hear about this FHN.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This evening the shock is giving way to the pain of realization that I haven't spoken to him in a while and did not get to say good bye. Dammit. Why does life have to be so bittersweet.

• hubert
    hubert

((((((((FHN))))))))

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit