poll/ survey on what you "were" (rank in your hall)

by burningbridges 71 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

nbp

• parakeet
    parakeet

A young "sister" with no responsibilities whatsoever, who also missed as many meetings and field service work as she could. In other words, I got away with fewer scars than most, IMO.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Never had a position. I was put off the TMS when I was a kid so I never was going to have a position anyway. Always looked down on because I was not ‘reaching out’, so important if you want to be (a brown-noser) revered. I was ‘privileged’ to do the sound system, and I was also an assistant behind the literature desk for a short while, till I got pissed off with the MS that run it. (the bloke was an A-hole). After that I was never ‘privileged’ again (thank god).

Like others have said, I was viewed as nothing because of not having status in the cong. But I was pretty handy at fixing things, so I always had someone who wanted me to do some work in their house, or fix their washing machine, and I can’t tell you how many cars I fixed for people. Even when I was not going to meetings they were queuing up outside my house with their car troubles. Being that most JW’s are poor, it was handy that good old Mr. Majestic was good for something, even if it was only for fixing their cars for free. It all stopped when I gave a few of them a bill. Never saw them again after that……

So my rank was congregation ‘mug’.

P.S. Can anyone else see that IQ test at the bottom of the thread. If so, do you make the answer :- b)16.

• Mincan
    Mincan

The unbaptised publisher that couldn't (wouldn't in their words) commit to anything... including baptism... who hung out with 1 or 2 close friends at the back of the hall. Got 1-2 hours of field service a month for years and didn't comment at meetings... yet could tell believed it lock stock and barrel.

• yknot
    yknot

Most of the time I was privately loved (validating secret doubts, concerns & issues), publically hated and privilege restricted..marking sucks!

But I did some heavy FS in the 70's & pioneering 1995-1998......then it was back to the above until 2004 at which point I was granted FS tag along status.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I handled the microphone a few times, does that count?

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I went from being the BOE's blue-eyed boy, to the lowest of the low row in the congregation, then back into the BOE's good books once more.
    (Getting back into their good books took nearly ten years, though).
    During the final few years "in the truth", I was an MS, and got to deliver the odd public talk.

Jack.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

One-time loony regular pioneer, eventually Marked bad association.

• DJK
    DJK

Prisoner #176!!!

I handled the mics for a while and passed out the monthly MS test.

• four candles
    four candles

MS for 3 years or so,handled 2nd school,gave public talks and organized talks with other congs.It was only a small cong. Narrowly missed out on being an elder when moved away.Skin of my teeth there!!!

The elders were always talking about those who had funny little quirks in the cong,especially sisters,which I didn't like.So I went out of my way to try to make these feel welcome and wanted........even the one that smelled!!.........Badly!!!! There was some nice people in that hall,pity none of them were elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit