My Wife's In The Hospital

by Yizuman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Wow, I just spoke with my wife's nurse and she's been off the vent all day. Her goal is 15-18 hrs, starting yesterday. This is so cool. Like I said earlier, hopefully within the next 2 weeks she'll be off of it permanently. That'll be so awesome and it'll give her throat a great chance to heal when they remove the trait. She also had her physical therapy and chair therapy.

Yizuman of the happy dance class

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

That is so great Yizuman, she has come such a long way and it sounds like she is recovering really well! You are both in my thoughts

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Yiz,

So glad to hear that your wife is doing better. I will be praying that

she will be totally well and able to go home soon.

May God bless you richly,both of you.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Posting from the hospital....

My wife is doing great today. I came in yesterday and spent the night at the hospital.

Today she ate some pudding for the first time and she did pretty well. They did some suctioning through her trait to make sure that the food is going directly to her stomach and not into her lungs. The suctioning came up clear which is a great sign. She had been reluctant to try swallowing some pudding cuz she was scared. I stood next to her and encouraged her to give it a try. The nurse said if she don't start learning to eat again, they'll put a feeding tube into her stomach, so she went ahead and tried, with great success.

Tomorrow they'll put her in a x-ray machine to make sure that the food is traveling where it's supposed to be. Unfortunantly I won't be there to be at her side when that happens. So I will make sure she gets plenty of pep talk to prepare her for tomorrow. They will be putting in some green coloring so it would be easy for them to follow the pudding as it travels down to her stomach while she's behind the x-ray machine. Hopefully all will be well during that day.

She had her exercises today and she did well. She did experienced some pain during that process. But that's good, pain means her nerves are fine and her muscles are good. She is on a arm board for her left hand to help straighten her fingers. She's supposed to be on that twice a day for 2 hrs each.

She also had her dialysis today, 5lbs of fluid removed.

Pretty much it, gonna go eat now. Catcha laters and keep those prayers going. It's working fabulously.

Yiz

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It is so nice to see how upbeat you sound and to see how great things are going with your wife! Please tell her Annie said hello, give her a hug from me and keep one for yourself!

hugs,

Annie

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Keep my wife in your prayers and give good thoughts for her.

most certainly

Justitia

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

So happy to hear the improving news, Hon!

Thoughts of goodness and wellness for both of you.

Love,
    Baba.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks Sunspot, Justitia Themis, and Babayaga! :)

Yiz

• amama2six
    amama2six

I'm so glad your wife is doing well! Prayers definitely going your way...(((Hugs))) ~April

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

This is gonna be tough to find support from people like you in regards to my wife. Having a listen ear and heart really helps me get through the tough times that I am having with my wife being in the hospital, especially when she nearly died a couple of weeks ago or so.

I am gonna really miss all of you when the site shuts down.

Btw, this coming Sunday will be the 2nd wedding anniversary for me and my wife. We've been together for 3 years and yet wonderfully married for 2, :) I got my day off from work to spend that wonderful day with my wife.

Also, she's eating again, just the soft stuff. Her stomach is so small from the lack of solid food in the past 3-4 months. So it's a little by little that she's improving. She's still getting her respiratory therapy, 15 hrs off the vent each day. Hopefully it'll increase by next week.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the tremendous support you have given me during these difficult times. Hugs for all!!!

PM me if you wanna stay in touch!

Thanks!

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit