How important is alcohol to you?

by Peppermint 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

It's only important if it's in chocolate - just love those chocolate filled brandy beans, or specialty European bars with cognac, pear liqueur, etc. etc.

The other thing I do enjoy in the summer is Sangria, but that's only on occasion.

Other than that and the very odd Merlot, I am just fine without it. Probably in the minority, I know.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

OOMPA thanks for the acknowledgement.

It is a habit isn't it and I know I have to quit for a while to learn that its a treat once in a while, not a way to self medicate. Its not easy and my husband drinks every night to relax so its doubly difficult right now. He wants to sit and drink every night, especially now that the nice weather is here. We love sitting outside by the Lake and pool enjoying and drinking. Its a long weekend here starting today until Tuesday. Thats going to be a challenge.

Velvet

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I enjoy alcohol but don't like getting drunk. I can easily go several weeks without any and I wouldn't even miss it.

W

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Not that important. I'd place it somewhere between oxygen and food!

(I'm not an alcoholic, just Irish.)

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

OH.. MY GOODNESS... sorry I'm still laughing my arse off at "My My God why have you forsaken me?" Denial is not just a river in Egypt, it is alive and well in heavy drinkers all over Oz.... LMAO

Um... in answer to your question. Yep, it's right up there. If I didn't have a regular drink I think someone would have to pay dearly, let's put it that way. ;-)

x

• chickpea
    chickpea

it is so peripheral in my life that
    it could disappear altogether and
    i just might not notice....

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I enjoy alcohol. So much so that I am now employed at the liquor store I shop at!

I was drinking more, usually too much wine or my fave, Crown. But now it is one or two a night.

I also love to toast the setting sun with a nice glass of wine, or ice chinking in a glass of Crown and ginger.

momz

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Crownies, mumz! Good for you.

You're an adopted Aussie already. :-)

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Wait a second. Crown and ginger? How does that work exactly?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not very important. Wine gives me a headache. I don't like the taste of beer, ale, or hard liquor. I tend to drink sweet mixed drinks on the few occasions that I do drink and then it's only one drink that I nurse all night. I guess I'm no fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit