How important is alcohol to you?

by Peppermint 60 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Not that important. I'd place it somewhere between oxygen and food!

And sex! Sex and booze - now there's a topic waiting to be explored.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"And sex! Sex and booze - now there's a topic waiting to be explored."

Reminds me of a rather good song.

all together: We don't talk about love....

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Crown and ginger? How does that work exactly?

A little bit of ginger ale in alot of Crown Royal!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Mommz I'll have a bottle of 12 year old Scotch....and some crown lager.....here's $50 a tip for you sweet heart!

{We don't tip alot in Austraila}

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I don't drink... for medical reasons... I have a sip now and then, but anything more than that makes me sick...

A@G

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I like alcohol. I drink it, cook with it, and use it for medicinal purposes. My mother was Greek and my dad was a sailor, so I grew up around the stuff and never thought much about it. When I was a kid it tasted nasty. When I got older I started to appreciate the nuances of a great cabernet sauvignon, and the "vacation" feeling of that first margarita or pina colada on the beach.

I've had ONE hangover in my life, on my honeymoon in Cancun (too many margaritas), and I didn't like it so ever since I've been very careful to stay within my "limit" when I drink.

I'll have a glass of wine while preparing a Saturday night dinner, and one or two with dinner. In the winter, a dollop of good Scotch before bed, in front of a fire, is a treat. Sometimes I'll have a glass of wine with dinner during the week, but it's not a regular thing. Tonight I'm going over to a friend's house and four of us women are going to drink and cook, and that will be fun!

Funny factoid: at my age (52) I can still enjoy a Whopper from Burger King but if I don't have a glass of wine with it, I get a really bad stomachache about an hour afterward!!! No, thanks, I don't want to know why. I wouldn't like the reasons, I'm sure.

Interesting factoids: Beer poured over a jellyfish will get it to let go of your leg. Vodka poured in your ears after swimming will prevent swimmer's ear just as well as the stuff you buy at the store for that purpose (and if some gets in your mouth in the process, so much the better!). Margaritas made in Cancun are three times stronger than anywhere else on the planet.

Nina

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    here's $50 a tip for you sweet heart!

• R.F.
    R.F.

I don't need it, but I do like it. I like to drink a good whisky every now and then, and beer.

• free2think
    free2think

Like R.F said, i don't need it but i like it.

Btw Peppermint i love that song, manic street preachers rock.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I like to have it at home-wine, vodka and some form of juice to drink it with are my basics. I find that having the ability to have a glass or 3 of wine at night has lessened my desire to drink heavily when I am out for dinner/drinks.

Margaritas made in Cancun are three times stronger than anywhere else on the planet.

Well, now I'd like to take a trip there, afterall!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit