How important is alcohol to you?

by Peppermint 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm quite social and so will drink with others. Very seldom do I drink alone. I guess if everyone drank purified water or a health drink in a bar/restaurant setting, I'd easily adapt.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I hate you people who don't drink much....your all drug addicts!......sorry, booze rage!

• Quirky1
  • VoidEater
    VoidEater

My addictions don't run towards alcohol (sorry!)...this year I have had:

1 Frozen Margarita
    2 Ciders

That's actually pretty high consumption for me.

I do drink a couple gallons of home-made iced tea a week, though.

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

it's not a priority in my life but I love have a nice fine aged rum(zaya, mount gay XO, appleton 21, etc.) neat or on the rocks every couple of nights. it tends to relax my muscles enough to be somewhat comfortable. but I don't like to get drunk at all, it's too much work for not enough pleasure.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I feel I drink too much and it concerns me sometimes. I'm not an alcoholic (isn't that what an alcoholic would say?) and I never drink in large quantities but If I don't have a glass of wine or a good real ale in my hand of an evening I feel disappointed. Anyone else feel like this. From what I read a glass of wine or 1 beer a day is highly recommended for health and longevity. If you can be happy and satisfied with a beer or glass of wine enjoy. Dont be so hard on yourself. When I was in my 20's I had to have 6 beers a night. When I was in my 30's I needed beers, scotch, wine, rum, regularly. I think in my 20's and 30's alcohol was an important coping mechanism, tool for me. In my 30's and 40's I went to AA for 7 years and didnt drink for 5. Those 5 years were nice, a spiritual high. Then I fell off the wagon and maybe grew up some. I usually dont drink during the week and on Friday and Saturday nights I sip a 6 pack. Today I look at my drinking on the weekend as one of lifes pleasures that I have earned. The down side is that alcohol is empty calories and I cant get down to my ideal, desired weight drinking 12 beers a week. The beer keeps me wearing a 36 waist instead of a 32. I am pretty sure I will keep drinking 6 to 12 beers a week till the day I die. Which is not much different than drinking 2 drinks a day. I just put my booze in a binge format.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Alcohol ... helping ugly men get laid for centuries.

Kwin

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Alcohol....helping women tolerate life with idiotic men for centuries.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Alcohol… Helping men and women to get along in their relationships for centuries, apparently…..??

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Very little importance since I could see the problems it causes, health wise and socially

now I hate being around drunks and now happy just having an occasional beer or glass of wine at dinner.

I guess you could say I have a little more respect for my health to side step it with booze and smoking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit