How important is alcohol to you?

by Peppermint 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I encourage those who even the slightest inkling that they have addiction problems to read the information: Truth in Recovery

• New light for you
    New light for you

Tomorrow... its going to be QUITE important!!! We're having our first "WORLDLY" party!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!

EVERYTHING's good tomorrow night... come on over!!!

KIDS ARE OUT!!!! YAY!!!!

• Casper
    Casper

New Light For You....

YAY.... Enjoy, hope you all have a "Blast"....

As for drinking, I am not much of a drinker at all, I will have a Margarita now and then, and a Coors Light with my pizza, but that's about it.

Only one beer tho, two makes my lips numb....

Cas

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I have read and enjoyed everyones comments - thanks. What people have written here confirms my feelings about alcohol, it is a pleasurable thing but something that can get out of hand (obvious I know). This is why I started this post really, because although I don't think my present consumption is dangerous, I recognise that the road to ruin with booze is incremental. I guess that probably each year my consumption has gone up and that does concern me a little. Velvetann said: " Well I decided that it was becoming to much of a habit, I was conditioned to having to have a drink in order to relax" That I think is the tipping point and I recognise it is how I feel now, so I would rather try to keep it in check now than have to give it up in the future because it got out of control - that would be depressing, wine/beer on the patio is what retirement is all about, isn't it?

On the other hand you people who don't enjoy a drink - Unlucky! - but again everything in moderation...oops, sounding like a JW there.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

"but again everything in moderation...oops, sounding like a JW there. "

I can't remember which philosopher coined that phrase, but it's one of the quotes the JWs didn't misuse. It's very true and applicable.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Women....the reason men build bars

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Oh damn, new light, did I miss the party?

LMAO again @ 007... how's your head mate? Mine's recovering. :-)

• White Dove
    White Dove

How important is alcohol to me?

I'm a very spirit-ual person.

It's very important for me to commun with spirits

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Alcohol....helping women tolerate life with idiotic men for centuries

Is someone trying to tell us something?

WinterTime Drinks:

1. Crown on the rocks splash of 7up.

2. A good heavy IPA or Stout

WinterTime Shot:

Jameson with a coke back

Summertime

1. Grey Goose L' Orange on the Rocks

2. A good wheat beer Hoegarrden

Summertime Shot:

O bombs

So as you can tell alcohol isn't that important to me!

• JeffT
    JeffT

It started with a glass of wine or a beer or two to relax. Then it was every night, then the amounts went up. This was over a period of about 25 years. On August 29,2005 I checked into treatment. I haven't had a drink since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit