Exercise Check-In Log

by White Dove 105 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

After LouBelle's exercise thread, I thought it would be a fun idea to keep a log here and check in with everyone.

I walked 30 minutes yesterday plus after walked to the police station and the witch store about 3 miles away from the Y.

Food:

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast: one with PB and the other with honey, coffee.

Lunch: Hardboiled egg, ham, cheese stick.

Dinner: Wrap: Whole wheat tortilla, balogna, rice, Bac*Os, ranch dressing, and lettuce.

For me, It's too hard to get into the habit of anything without others to answer to.

Today, I'll walk 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3% incline at 2.5 mph.

Next week, maybe it'll be for a longer period of time.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Exercise: Riding my bicycle to and from work (beats paying for gas). That sure helps in so many ways--you get to count toward your quota of exercise, it keeps you fit, and you don't have to pay whatever they are charging for gas.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Great Idea White Dove.

I started Weight Watchers on June 9th, as I have to lose 20 lbs. i have lost 4 lbs.

I have severe back pain because of disc degeneration and the doctor said to exercise and lose weight to help with it. Weight loss takes the pressure off my spine. Exercise is difficult for me in the form of walking or anything involving standing because I also have MS which affects my balance. What a mess I am. Because of the pain of my back I haven't exercised this year at all. I am a big Suck.

I was at The doctor/Neurologist yesterday and he says do EXERCISE and gave me a special tape to exercise to yesterday. It involves sitting exercises so I will start that tomorrow. I have a treadmill and I can do that too as I can hang on to the railings walking. I can only do 10 minutes at a time at this point but I could do that 2 or 3 times a day.

So all that said I will join you in exercise each day, this is a great incentive. I am the same as you, If I don't have someone to answer to I won't do it. I am doing the diet with a friend via email.

My menu yesterday (I am allowed 27 pts a day)

Breakfast

Raspberry herbal tea - 0 pts calories Strawberry Banana soy smoothie 6 pts (Yummy)

Lunch

2 Wasa crackers, 2 slices of low fat Turkey breast, tomato, lettuce, mustard 3 pts, cherries, 2pts Total 5pts

Dinner

1 Lean Cuisine Sesame Chicken Dinner 8 pts Broccoli with margarine 2 pts 1 Skinny cow fudgicle 2 pts Total 12 pts

Total for day 23 pts

VELVET

Breakfast

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Cool thread!!!! Did 45 minutes on the elliptical rider this morning. Varied incline every 1:30 to give my self a challenge.

• changeling
    changeling

FA you show off! LOL changeling:)

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hey FA you are doing great with your new Health Regime. Care to share how much you have lost since you started your diet,

Velvet

• FadingAway
    FadingAway
    FA you show off! LOL changeling:)

I looked much better doing it in my new thong and leg warmers.

Care to share how much you have lost since you started your diet,

Sure, starting weight on April 7 was 358.2. Currently down to 305. Lost 8 inches of the waist. Energy levels are way up. My goal is to get down to 250 or somewhere thereabouts.

• changeling
    changeling
    I looked much better doing it in my new thong and leg warmers.

I am permanently scarred by that mental image!

changeling :)

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

my goal is to drop 30lbs, really 50 but im being conservative. starting weight is 240. yesterday i did p90x chest and back. today is plyometrics. i'm going to try to double up my exercise for the day. i slacked earlier this week and so i have 5 workouts to complete by sunday. so far i'm drinking tea and a protein shake for breakfast. almonds for snack, 2 cups of spinach and some tuna salad for lunch. protein bar for snack. dinner of salmon, rice and spinach.

great thread.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    WTWizard said: Exercise: Riding my bicycle to and from work (beats paying for gas).

For those that work too far away from home to bike, I heard a great suggestion... drive 3/4 of way to work, park the car in a public lot and ride in the rest of the way (helps if there are showers at work or a nearby gym you can change at). You can increase the biking distance/reduce the driving distance as you lose weight and build stamina. You'll still get the benefit of biking for exercise, as well as using less fuel.

For me, I've been walking 1 hour each night... I figure it's just over 3 miles, will have to put the pedometer on and see what it comes up with. Aggravating part is no significant loss in weight yet, after two weeks. Of course, muscle weighs more than fat, so...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit