Exercise Check-In Log

by White Dove 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Whitedove, you can't eat Peanut butter!! I love the stuff but even the low fat one has tonnes of fat in it. Any Fruit Jam/jello spread or honey is great...... zero fat, some sugars....I lost 3 kilos {don't know in pounds} went swimming today 45 minutes. Low carb, low sugar, low fat.

• White Dove
    White Dove
    Peanut butter is great for your health. I had less than a tbs on one slice of bread. It's OK.
  • FadingAway
    FadingAway

Checking in:

Went to the gym and did the Cybex Arc Trainer for 45 minutes.

Use the "Weight Loss" program for 45 minutes on level 5.  Burned 950 calories.  Plan to work on the Nautilus Tread climber for another 45 minutes later on today.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Haven't been to the gym for a while, but *most* nights I walk the dog from anywhere from 1 to 2 hours - depending on the mosquitoes!

Then I come home and eat ice cream and have a couple of beers --- grrrrrr!

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Great thread

On March29th I was 287.5 pounds.

Everyday for 2 months I walked 1 hour..some( leg lifts and weight training) and had the exact same thing for breakfast and dinner

oatmeal with blueberries.(or fruit).......green tea coffee later ...and lots of chewing gum

dinner...................salad ie romain w avocado, tomatoe, olives, kidney beans or chic peas in the salad ..and sometimes chicken or fish with my fav dressing and HOT sauce always HOT sauce to speed up my metabolism....

June 1 I weighed 250 pounds.. I started running and BANG i inflammed my knee...out for 2 weeks almost....im 247 pounds now looking to get down to 195 where i belong...and ny knee is back to normal ...glucosamine daily....

(hardest part is sugar cravings...chocolate covered peanuts ...i could eatem forever...grrrrrrrrrr!!!!..)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Witness 2 tea spoons of peanut butter = 1 protein. I'm still sick so no training tomorrow, i'm bummed. Do you feed a cold and starve a fever? I fed this cold with a slab of chocolate! I'm not a huge fan of the stuff, must be ill!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

okay. yesterday did plyometrics for an hour, rested then did arms and shoulders for an hour. today is yoga, legs & back with ab ripper x, kenpo x then stretch. its my own fault for not doing my work outs earlier in the week but im not going to use that as an excuse. i'm going to finish it today. eating right. woke up to a protein shake. having some almonds right now, water and an apple. going to clean the house than get to it.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

chrisjoel, thanks for posting your story and results... your starting #'s are just like mine, and to see you've dropped to 250 in two months is encouraging. I walked 6 miles yesterday evening, and 5 tonight. For breakfast, I usually have 1/2 cup of steel cut Irish oats mixed with dried craisins. I bought some lowfat yogurt today and some good natural granola to put on it for variety. I'm packing a small lunch and a healthy mid-day snack (nuts or fruit), and watching portion sizes and such at dinner.

I've been working to lose 50# in the near term, then another 50# over the following year. To accomplish this, I'll need to lose 4# per week for 12 weeks (which will get me down to 230# by the end of September), which is "above normal" loss for sure, but I think I can do it with a combination of good diet and daily exercise. 1# of body fat is 3500 calories. To lose 4#/week, I need to create a 14,000 cal/week (2000/day) deficit. (I'm going to visit my physician and include him on this plan, and go for regular monitoring to ensure I'm not hurting myself).

Here's how I intend to do that: I've been walking 4.5 miles/day (6 miles yesterday, 5 miles today!) for two weeks now (over a 1.5 to 2.0 hour period), which burns 675-850 calories. I'm on a 1500-1700/calorie/day HEALTHY diet, which creates a 950 calorie deficit from my resting BMR. An hour of weight work in the morning adds another 400-600 calories (and muscle burns calories better than fat!), which puts me right at the daily deficit I need.

Wish me luck!! The motivation here is not only to lose the gut and lower my cholesterol, but to get down to a weight that allows me to do some glider and aerobatic flying. Then, continue to burn off the weight (more slowly after the initial rush) and get down to a "healthy" BMI for the first time in many years... I'll have to get back down to 185# to do that, 90-95# from where I am now.. I hope I can get there by next summer.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

TJ here is wishing u luck..but you know what ..Luck is just opportunity meeting preparation..and by the sounds of it you are prepared and ready ..way to go.

I think the Secret to LOSING weight ............IS:

TO HAVE THE MENTAL FRAME OF MIND THAT I WILL NOT EVEN TRY TO EAT THAT FIRST CHOCOLATE BAR OR JUST A HALF CUP OF ICE CREAM OR JUST ONE OF THIS OR THAT BAD FOOD.BECAUSE AS SOON AS YOU INTRODUCE THAT First Chocolate bar..ect....or bad FOOD INTO YOUR BRAIN AGAIN YOUR AT SQUARE ONE AGAIN. SO NO SMALL HEALTHY PORTION OF YOGURT ICE CREAM ,..NOthing absolutely NOTHING bad into your body.

Start thinking that FOOD is FUEL not enjoyable pleasure which comes from sugar. As soon as I think i will have just ONE small piece of pizza im screwed. ITS all over because eventually maybe not at this moment but a couple of days from now im gonna do it again ITS already been introduced into the brain. Screw it .DOnt even try to have it. Thats the thinking that has allowed me to lose over 40...so by September I will be ..again....around. 195

• White Dove
    White Dove

Check in time after Litha.

The holidays do it everytime for me.

I ate a raunchy lunch to ground after the ritual with my coven in the forest.

I was so hungry that I ate a lot of unhealthy goodies.

Today, I'm going to repeat a good day that I posted here with bfast, exercise, lunch, and dinner.

I'll be back later today after exercising and post my progress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit