Exercise Check-In Log

by White Dove 105 Replies latest jw friends

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

so out of 6 workouts last week in only made 1. a friend made me walk about 8 miles with her which was a pain in the ass. i ate pretty well and am actually down a total of 10 since we started this. So I'm at 230 now. 25 to go

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Missed one day over the long weekend, due to a long night of debauchery with my brother on July 3rd... but, I've met my 6 miles/night goal other than that. Might miss tonight--the right knee is bothering me a bit today, and I might need to give it a break. Been eating well, too... so why aren't the pounds melting off faster? I've been mixing walking and running/jogging into the six mile routine, to break it up. Oh, only got 3.9 miles last night instead of six--my youngest daughter went with me, and she was thirsty part way through, AND my on-call pager went off, so we had to take a shortcut home.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Did P90X chest and back. Brought it hard. Going to hae some fish and rice in a sec.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

whats the word party people? are we hittin it hard?

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

I missed last night's walk... I was getting a shooting pain in my right knee and felt it best to not push it.... gave it the night off.

Of course, I should have gone out to the garage and done some upper body/arm work with weights, but I did not...

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

that leaves today TJ. We can do this baby. 10 yards at a time. we dont have to make the touchdown all in one go but we can do some of the work today and a little tomorrow. before we know it we'll be at our goal - lookin damned fine.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

The overweight lover in the house.....

So yesterday, did weightlifting using the 5x5 protocol. Did dumbell chest presses on the BOSU with 105 pound dumbells and the Hammer pulldown with 290, did 5 sets of 5 on both exercises with a minute and half rest between exercises. Finished off with curls and tri extensions.

This morning, didn't get much sleep. Stayed up with the wife to watch "Vantage Point." It was an ok movie, but not ok enough for me to stay up till 12:30 in the morning to watch. I did make it to the gym at 7:15AM and did 30 minutes on the Treadclimber, maintained an intense pace.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I got cleared to work hard about 2 weeks ago. Been walking a flat- rubberized asphalt track...started at 1 mile...... now up to 1.5 to 2 miles a day...6 days a week. I can do a mile in about 18 minutes

I am still having some pain were the screws and plates are in my leg. When I can handle the pounding the goal is to make the US Army fitness standard for my age in the 2 mile run, thats 18:18... also shooting for a 5 K run this fall. Plan to be back on a horse in September.

I dropped about 30 pounds while I was laid up........ we dont need to go through that again.

Jeff

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Did nothing this morning. I had a root canal done yesterday. Took 3 tylenol pm's to help me sleep. I will pretty much take today off and hit it hard tomorrow morning.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Just thought I would post my workout schedule.

Monday: 1 1/2 hour Karate Class

Tuesday: 20 minutes on eliptical at 180 strides/min - Then 11/2 hours of weight lifting.

Wednesday: 1 1/2 hours Karate Class

Thursday: Repeast Tuesday workout

Friday: Enjoy the evening

Saturday: Ride mountain bike or Harely

Sunday: Recover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit