Born Gay?

by inrainbows 206 Replies latest members adult

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

That's right Beks! Some people are hornier than others! Some say it's "unnatural" to not feel sexy (frigid). Well, especially when you're younger! Those raging hormones and pheromones! I think I smell what the Rock is cooking! He's hot!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Voideater, I still believe in the principle of treating people like you would want to be treated. And don't be throwing rocks at people!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

BurnTheShips:

I tolerate homosexuality, what I do not do is give it moral validation. It isn't about hate, it is about principle. It isn't about phobia, it is about morality.

So would you say your objection to homosexuality is more like my objection to murder, or an orthodox Jew's objection to lighting a fire on a Saturday?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    In the case of homosexuality you are saying that they must not act on looking for romantic love. You are denying them a partner, their other half. This is not just about sex. Your example above holds a man to one woman (which I believe is proper not because of the bible, but because of the tremendous pain not doing so causes), but you would have someone who was born homosexual have NO one. If god is love, and we now have information that the bible writers could not possibly have had, (born gay) how can it be that he would demand such a harsh restriction? Isn't the bible and gods word living? Doesn't it need to be interpreted taking into account the world we live in, and the new things we have learned?

First off, even though the writers in the Bible did not have information that is provided by modern science, in there we see the teaching that we are all born in a state of sin. We are all inclined to err and sin from our birth onwards, and this is no different than saying someone was "born gay" or born with a disposition to be sexually promiscuous in a heterosexual fashion, or with a tendency towards alcoholism and addiction. We are all born something, and it is not all good. That said, some people that call themselves Christian like to point the finger at others so they can feel more righteous, so they can keep the focus off themselves. Those that judge will be judged in turn.

It is not a sin to love someone. However for a Christian, there are two acceptable states: Marriage, and celibacy.

If god is love, and we now have information that the bible writers could not possibly have had, (born gay) how can it be that he would demand such a harsh restriction?

We live in a world that is both self centered and self gratifying. Is it fair to those with same sex attractionss? In the eyes of the world, it is not fair. They should have just as much of a chance to have intimate relationships as others. In the eyes of God this is the cross that they have to bear. We all have a cross to bear. Paul had his.

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

and

Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

and

"The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition."

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sorry Burn, I will not try to argue with your beliefs. I promised myself when I left the org that I would not do that with anyone.

I will say that I personally could never except all the contradiction and what I see as, hatefulness, in christianity. I can not believe that an all powerful and loving god would choose to assuage his ego by handing out painful crosses for his puny creations to bear.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I will say that I personally could never except all the contradiction and what I see as, hatefulness, in christianity. I can not believe that an all powerful and loving god would choose to assuage his ego by handing out painful crosses for his puny creations to bear.

Yeah! Why would he create us with a handicap (imperfection); and then punish us for being handicapped? That don't make no sense!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

BTS

Why are some things moral in the OT (polygamy- having more than one wife/ i.e having sex with whomever you wanted to basically back in ancient Isreal) but now considered immoral - how do you reconcile those kinds of flip flops and instances of endorsed cruelty by god?

LRG

• freydi
    freydi

There are a couple of issues I'd like to address. I don't deny that some people are born with hormonal imbalances. Those are not the people I have issue with. I actually feel sorry for them and what they must live with. They have to live with their problem. But the fact is that there are at least 4 different groups of homo's. And not all of them are sexual in nature or practice. The ones I take issue with are those of the promiscuous variety that go on parade for their willful perversions, demanding respect and the right to teach others how to raise their children, like the fox that cut off it's tail. There are other homosexuals that are simply not interested in the opposite sex for sexual purposes and would be appalled at the suggestion of engaging in sexual activity with one of their own gender. And there are still others who wouldn't consider a same sex sexual relationship out of fear of public opinion and have sense enough to be discrete. Personally I think there ought to be homo communities like nudist camps and leper colonies for those who insist on their rights, but I don't want you in mine.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

VoidEater, I don't think my situation is universal at all, in fact I think it is rather different than some people. It was actually just the opposite, all the gays on here tried to change my viewpoint to fit theirs.

• shamus100
    shamus100
    I tolerate homosexuality, what I do not do is give it moral validation.

Why is everyone so pissy here? BTS just said what was quoted above. He doesn't agree with it. I get it - we all get it. Who cares? You tolerate it, fine. I tolerate born again christians - barley! You probably think the same of gays. I'm no better than you are then.

As for Junction Guy, well, who the hell cares. He's been on every gay thread whining and playing the victim for ages. I foresee yet another crybaby exit thread from him because people just don't agree with him. Whatever.

The one thing I don't understand about you, BTS is how you go on the same threads saying the same things over and over again. What are you trying to accomplish here? Do you feel your beliefs are so sketchy that you're 'protesting' too much? Do people come here just to bitch? What are you doing here? Do you want me to go on your born-again christian, or whatever threads and cry and bitch? I sure as hell have better things to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit