Which Governing body member will die next?? Will things change?

by Witness 007 103 Replies latest watchtower bible

• St George of England
    St George of England
    For example, since the Spanish language congregations are that important for the organization

So important they closed the Spanish Bethel last year (May 2009) printing being done in Germany and driven to Spain! (Simplification). Other admin for Spain is apparently being dealt with by London Bethel. The last thing this GB wants is any foreigners upsetting the apple cart.

Jack Barr gave a talk at the AGM recently even though he was in a wheelchair. Jaracz was lucky to survive the stroke last year but with the finest 'no expense spared' medical attention the odds were stacked in his favour.

I think all the GB and the rest of the long term Bethelites who have become institutionalised over decades ought to have a Sabbatical every 10 years. A year out in the real world. Get a job, a flat, do their own cleaning, cooking, meeting prep at the end of a busy day, worry about the gas bill, elect bill etc. That would be a real awakening for them.

The GB replacements are waiting in the wings for the phone call, no-one that is likely to disrupt the status quo.

George

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Spanish language congregations are huge in the western hemisphere. Not so much in Europe.

As for the GB, I am thinking a clue as to who the next alpha male is going to be will be this summer's DVD release. Ted Jaracz appeared in last year's DVD. Which GB member is on this year's?

Barr is done. Jaracz has probably prepped his handpicked guy but I would like to think there is a challenger who may have more populist leanings within the body. A bombastic blowhard only has power if enough people let him.

I would also like to know which brainiac developed the new generation change. THAT's the kind of lunatic we want in charge.

• streets76
    streets76

I get the impression that Bethel is managed somewhat like the office in the Dilbert comic strip.

That means that Dogbert (the Evil GB member) is really the one in charge.

• Scott77
    Scott77

streets76 : I get the impression that Bethel is managed somewhat like the office in the Dilbert comic strip. That means that Dogbert (the Evil GB member) is really the one in charge.

Mad Sweeney :I would also like to know which brainiac developed the new generation change. THAT's the kind of lunatic we want in charge.

LMAO @ you guys.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam sure, more update on ways as this year comes to an end. About seven months to go.

• agonus
    agonus

I tell you what - once the old guard has passed, Losch will turn the enterprise into something bat-shit crazier than you could possibly imagine. If I'm not mistaken, Losch recently gave a talk in which he outlined historically that there were no less than 7 comings of Christ. I shit you not. Ever been to E-Watchman's web site?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    once the old guard has passed, Losch will turn the enterprise into something bat-shit crazier than you could possibly imagine.

Losch truly scares me. In COC Ray Franz talks about three men who viewed the brotherhood with great suspicion: Henschel, Barry and Jaracz. The first two have long since become worm food, and Jaracz has seemingly cemented himself as the de facto leader of the bunch, but Losch seems to be a worthy successor.

I got to see Losch at a few assemblies and he just exudes a severe disdain for the brothers. It's almost as if he feels they're all a bunch of disgusting sinners in need of discipline, like a head nun at a boarding school. His talks were very accusatory in nature. He always seemed to want to fill in the gray ares with concrete examples, listing specific movies, songs, bands, sporting events and such that a Christian should not be involved with.

While some may feel a guy like this could accelerate the Watchtower's downfall, I'm afraid he could alienate me from my JW family in the many years in the interim.

• ziddina
    ziddina

(Can'tLeave said..."Cyborgs - that's what they are.")

I think of them as vampires - soul-sucking vampires, since they've got that blasted "blood" ban...

soul vampires

Zid smiley vampire

• agonus
    agonus

"It's almost as if he feels they're all a bunch of disgusting sinners in need of discipline"

Yepper. American Football is CLEARLY from Satan himself.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Theodore Jaracz dies June 2010. Barr will be 100 in two years if he makes it...."the last of the Mohicans" The next oldest would then be Sam Herd 1935!!!!! The average age will drop to 50 yers old.......lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit