Which Governing body member will die next?? Will things change?

by Witness 007 103 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle
    Found some info (not sure how accurate).

GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

John Edwin Barr 1913 9/1977

Gerrit Lösch 1942 July 1, 1994

Guy H. Pierce 1935 Oct 1, 1999

Samuel F. Herd 1935 Oct 1, 1999

David H. Splane 1944 Oct 1, 1999

M. Stephen Lett 1949 Oct 1, 1999

Anthony Morris III 1950 Sep 1, 2005

Geoffrey W. Jackson 1955 Sep 1, 2005
  • dgp
    dgp

Leavingwt wrote:

Ray told us they sometimes fall asleep during the Governing Body meetings. So, one could make an argument that dead or alive, it doesn't make a lot of difference. The more senior, influential members of the Body will most likely prevail. The pressure to 'fall in line' when voting is tremendous, it would appear.

Ray also told us that it's not the people, but the set of practices and beliefs that keeps the organization the way it is. Those who disagree are forced out. I think that's why they have disfellowshipment for. As in Orwell's 1984, the Party, I mean, the governing body is "immortal" because it retains the same nature no matter who occupies the seats or falls asleep during the meetings.

I do think, however, that external pressure will have an effect. Older members will need to be replaced with younger men who hopefully grew in a different environment. I do think that deaths in the governing body will be a challenge in other ways. For example, since the Spanish language congregations are that important for the organization, and since being of the anointed is no longer important, when are they to appoint brother Roberto to the governing body? The WTS being distinctively American in nature, practice and administration, a governing body composed of non-Americans is unthinkable today. But, for how long? How are they to tell the Mexican brothers, as many and as (seemingly) fast-growing in number as they are, that they don't need to have a seat? Someone mentioned the College of Cardinals. Well, there are cardinals from around the world there. John Paul II was not Italian. Neither is Ratzinger. When is the WTS going to change to accomodate the fact that English is no longer the native language of the vast majority of the members? How can they acquire a truly multinational approach, beyond having so many translators?

• besty
    besty

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/governing-body/current-list-of-watch-tower-society-s-governing-body.html

Barr is 97, Jaracz 85 - my guess is one of those two will be next for the elevator to the jesus floor.

Looking forward to the ensuing Losch-Herd bitchfight for dominance, and some of the crazy changes that are sure to happen.

• yknot
    yknot

Well AM FS is over......so I thought I would log-in....

Jaracz stroke has taken him out of the 'spotlight' and I think his influence will end before he accepts his heavenly reward.

I am on the fence on who is next to die.

Jaracz pre-stroke was agressive and Barr's secret to long life seemed to be his easy going go with the flow mentality avoiding confrontation.

However with Jaracz sidelined and forced to 'slow down' he might as well live 10 more years! While Barr chance of passing first increase strongly with each passing year.......

I think a better speculation is if Barr will live longer than Barber......

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Barber died in 2007...only nine left with Jaracz and Barr the last two of the original group.

Also Sam Herd and Guy Pierce were born in 1935 so at 75 may run out of steam first.......we may need some more 45 year old anionted members..lol.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I think of the GB as the politburo. Russell was Lenin, Rutherfraud was Stalin. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a Gorbechev on the horizon.

It's rule by self-perpetuating committee.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Oh yes! Please let Losch or Herd, or whomever might be crazier than those two, take the reigns. The loonier and more reckless, the better. Ram that Titanic Borgship into the iceberg!

• nelly136
    nelly136

if the wrinklies start popping off they might want to start replacing them with much younger ones who've got a decent expiry date left. they can present a younger front to the jws so they dont keep being reminded the GB are mortals when they die off.

• dgp
    dgp

Sapphy, there might be no Gorbachev around, but you have had plenty of Brezhnevs, Andropovs and Chernenkos. And more than your share of Nikita's :-).

What you really need is a Reagan. Someone who makes this governing bureau get into a race they can't win.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Update 14th May 2010 still no deaths....incredible! John Barr wil live to be 100!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit