Gas to hit 7 dollars per gallon

by 1914BS 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Check this out:

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

FHN - I watched the interview about this on Cspan a month or more ago. There was no disputing the facts after the government statisticians explained how many people they do not count in their figures and he (pretty well) admitted that if you were to take all of the people without jobs in the country it would about at least 10%. Real inflation at that time was also hovering at double the government figures - they are pretty creative in how they come up with their figures. Bear in mind as well, that many government subsidies are tied to inflation and if the government statsmen push the rate to it's true figure, it would mean that all of the social assistance recipients would be entitled to more money. sammieswife.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They say that in Michigan, the real unemployment rates can be higher than 25 % in cities like Flint, hard hit by the leaving of the auto industry. Unemployment rates count only those drawing unemployment.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Never trust government CPI numbers.

BTS

• sinis
    sinis
    Wish we had universal health care and good public transportation and commuter trains over here.
    Gill, if most of us park our cars, we ill lose our jobs and be unable to make it to places like the grocery store safely. I just turned a job down that was full time because it would involve a 25 mile commute one way five days a week. Instead I took a part time job near my babysitter at minimum wage. Now I need to find another part time or full time job nearby. Michigan's economy is almost bust. It's the worst state economy.

ARE YOU INSANE!!!! Who is going to pay for all this "Free" Shit????!!!!

Oh, and $7 a gallon is not even close, most experts believe that by 2010-2015 gas will be around $12-15 a gallon...

• roybatty
    roybatty

what a mess.....
    I couldn't agree more.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I understand what the problem is - a more appropriate question is what is the solution? Personally, I'm stumped.

• sinis
    sinis
    At the close of trading friday the dow was down 394.64, nasdaq down 75.38 s & p down 43.37 . Oil was at 138.54 per barrel the euro to dollar was at 1.57. I paid 4.33 per gal at a sams club discount. It appears that investors are investing in commodities, the more they do the higher commodities will go. The feds will probably start increasing rates again to try to stabilize the dollar, but will play havoc on the economy which already is suffering from credit crisis. Banks will hang onto their money. More and more houses going into foreclosure and it cannot be stopped. Housing prices will have to drop to the level of renting. People will begin to come out of the credit spending stupor they have been in . Not only are americans tapped out with their credit, banks are being very particular who they will lend to. One day we will hear people say 'boy it was good while it lasted'.

The Fed CANNOT lower or even raise rates without creating a shit storm beyond ANYTHING seen. Volcker and others are indicating that Bernanke and Greenspan have spun a blanket of shit for the US and the rest of the World. Prepare now, the shit storm is coming. Food alone is projected to go up 46% in the next few months, and the UN is warning that the world needs to produce 50% more food or people will starve. Also the USDA announced that they have NO food reserves outside of 2.7 million bushels of wheat (enough to feed 300 million americans a half of loaf of bread) - no dry milk, no grains, no cheese... NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sinis
    sinis

I understand what the problem is - a more appropriate question is what is the solution? Personally, I'm stumped.

Unfortunately the only solution is for billions of people to die. Expect die off real soon...

• roybatty
    roybatty

Hey one thing that I did that helps out a LOT is carpooling. Driving 80 miles a day round trip was killing me and I lucked out and found someone to ride with. In my mind gas just "dropped" by 50%.

I went to a half dozen "carpooling" web sites and finally got a hit.

Must have been Jehovah's direction.

I can't wait to see this new model..

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4212545.html

Engineers rule!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit